We offer comprehensive environmental and geoscience services that improve the quality of our natural environment and built for durability. Our customers choose us for our expertise in various sectors such as infrastructure, transportation, construction, industrial, oil and gas, as well as energy and mining. Our services cover the following services:
- Materials engineering (monitoring of implementation, quality control, audits , tests, expertise, life prediction, metallurgy).
- The environment (acoustics, vibrations, air quality, rehabilitation of contaminated sites, climate change, environmental assessment, geohazards).
- Geotechnics and pavement engineering (design, studies and expertise).
- Building sciences (waterproofing, fireproofing, insulation, inspection).
- Precision surveying (Lidar survey fixed and mobile, drone).
Why join our team?
The Environment and Geosciences division is currently looking for site technicians in materials engineering for the Saguenay offices, in order to support the growth of the team already in place. You will be encouraged to share your innovative ideas, different perspectives and knowledge in order to contribute to the success of the department!
What will be your contribution to the team?
As a materials technician, your role will actively collaborate in the success of projects:
- Be proactive in terms of occupational health and safety and environmental protection;
- Perform technical tasks (tests , expertise and monitoring) in accordance with the work instructions and testing standards in order to guarantee the lifespan of the works to be renovated / built;
- Report any deviation in the implementation of materials and write a report site for each of the interventions carried out;
- Collaborate with the technical project team by monitoring site needs;
- Calibrate your site equipment to ensure accuracy measurements and results.
What are we looking for?
- DEC in civil engineering (finishing or with experience) – or Hold a diploma obtained outside Quebec;
- Good knowledge of French;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team;
- Hold the ASP construction card;
- Good physical condition;
- Availability to work different shifts (day / evening / night / weekend);
- Availability to work on remote sites, an asset;
- Valid driver’s license on the start date of employment;
- Have access to a motor vehicle. Travel is required as part of the job.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Diversified career and development opportunities related to our many sectors of activity;
- Opportunity to work on various projects, of various sizes and in remote regions ;
- Competitive salary and benefits as well as a system of guaranteed hours during the season;
- Defined contribution pension plan to which SNC-Lavalin contributes;
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (EAP);
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Cellularcompany provided;
- Work equipment provided according to the seasons (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, coats, etc.);
- Remuneration of mileage when using the personal vehicle for travel on construction sites;
- You will have challenges, training and support in order to continuously develop yourself.
Imagine -you here and match your talent and ambition to our team!
Apply online or through our email address
Type of employee
Type of position
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We firmly believe that world-class talent makes no distinction with respect to gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or gender. disability, but rather is enriched by these differences.
SNC-Lavalin is concerned about your confidentiality. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiaries or affiliates of SNC-Lavalin (commonly referred to as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please see our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to learn more about how we collect, use and transfer your data personal information.
By providing your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.