Imagine playing a role to create products that save people's lives. At Mustang Survival, you can. The Mustang Survival brand represents leading edge extreme environmental protection for elite users including rescue workers, coast guard, fighter jet pilots, fishermen, sailors, paddlers, and even NASA astronauts. Our mission is bold, "We Save Lives for a Living", and requires courageous leaders. If you want a career that is challenging, energizing, and rewarding, come join us to push the boundaries of survival technology to deliver the ultimate user experience on the water through inspired technical solutions.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer (Intermediate) to join our production team in Burnaby, BC. You will be responsible for formulating, implementing, and managing the design and control of manufacturing systems to ensure that Mustang Survival delivers high quality products to market.
- Collaborate with project team to launch seasonal, military and short-term products.
- Drive initiation for continuous improvement projects to increase production capacity and quality
- Support issue management and problem solving
- Work in a highly cross-functional team environment involving manufacturing and product development, production, quality, supply chain, marketing, sale, and finance team.
- Develops work instructions, drawings, tests, modifications, assembly processes, fixtures, processes or specialized manufacturing, test equipment for existing or new products and ensure production readiness.
- Prepare and maintain manufacturing documentation such as BOL, tooling and work instruction
- Assist and Lead in development on testing and validating the new product, process and system
- Work closely with contract electrician and machine shop to build test or assembly fixture for production
- Support and Drive Lean manufacturing and 5S Initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering relative with a focus in mechanical, mechatronics, electrical, or equivalent as preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of exposure to a manufacturing environment
- Experience with New Production Introduction (NPI).
- Member (or eligible to be a member) of Engineers and Geoscientists of B.C. (EGBC)
- Knowledge with technical writing of process documents (PFMEA, Process Flow, Control Plan, Work Instructions, and Checklists.)
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing knowledge and experience required including 5S, Root cause analysis, 5 Why, Poke Yoke.
- Proficient in 2D and 3D model design using Solidworks and AutoCAD.
- Enjoy hands-on work with machines and tools
- Analytical and proven track record of problem solving
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- A Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects with minimum guidance
- Strong written & verbal communication skills to generate process instructions and reports
- Able to interpret and produce basic mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- Willing to travel oversea to support outsourcers on new product introduction
- Experience in garment manufacturing is an asset
- The ability to speak Mandarin or Cantonese is an asset
For more information, please visit http://www.mustangsurvival.com.