You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG, you’ll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
KPMG’s Management Consulting practice helps organizations leverage change. The Information, Data and Analytics team helps organizations leverage their data and information for competitive benefits and advantages by developing and optimizing their data governance, data management and data analytics programs and services, helping them transform their organization by leveraging emerging technologies.
The Information, Data and Analytics team is part of the Technology Strategy and Digital Transformation Service Line, which works with various organizations, both private and public. This multidisciplinary and multilingual team includes individuals with training and skills in information management, data management, metadata management, data engineering, analytics, data science, process re-engineering and architecture. We help our clients to digitally transform their business.
We are looking to fill Manager and Senior Manager positions, in various locations across Canada, though you will be asked to work on projects outside your local office. We are a dynamic and innovative team and equally passionate about what we do and the quality of services we provide to our clients.
What you will do
The successful candidate will lead various projects in data management, information management, data/information governance, information process and flow mapping, data optimization, data classification, development and implementation of master data or metadata management programs, and/or multidisciplinary team participating in digital transformation projects.
The successful candidate will have a range of responsibilities, including:
- Identifying and leading the preparation of proposals, in collaboration with the Partner
- Planning and managing engagements under the leadership of the Partner
- Building relationships with clients and their teams
- Leading client meetings and supporting the team in developing presentation materials for project kick-off meetings, requirements gathering, project management, presentation of results, etc.
- Leading current state assessments and maturity analysis based on best practices, industry trends and KPMG’s various data and information governance, data management and analytics maturity frameworks.
- Supporting the implementation of roadmaps, data management strategies, process and data flow mapping, data quality management programs, governance frameworks, business cases, cost/benefit analyses and deliverables related to the implementation of recommendations, such as policy writing, data classification or profiling.
- Supporting and guiding clients in implementing recommendations.
- Assisting with business and practice development efforts by preparing proposals, marketing material, internal and external presentations, seminar materials, articles, etc.
- Delivering high-quality work on time that meets the Firm’s quality standards and client expectations.
- Working with cross-functional teams with people of diverse backgrounds and skill sets.
- Applying best practice and process maturity knowledge observed in client engagements and personal research.
It is highly probable that the incumbent will be required to travel within Canada as part of his/her duties. At times, business needs arise, and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
What you bring to the role
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience in data management, information management, analytics and/or data engineering
- Experience classifying, defining or profiling data.
- Strong understanding of data and business processes.
- Knowledge of governance and data management standards, such as DAMA-DMBOK, CMMI and DCAM.
- Experience and/or certification with Data and Information Platforms such as Microsoft O365, Azure, AWS, Snowflake etc.
- Professional experience in the financial or insurance industry, an asset.
- Business analysis, requirements gathering and processing mapping experience, including information management process narratives, workflows, information flows, controls and business case development, an asset.
- Knowledge and experience with various governance or data management tools (Collibra, Informatica, IGC, etc.), an asset.
- Any data and/or information certifications are of benefit and should be identified.
- University degree in computer science, business intelligence, data analytics, data science, information architecture, information sciences, management information systems or another related field
Keys to your success:
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Superior verbal and written interpersonal communication skills. French language skills are a decided asset.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Well organized with good prioritization/workload management abilities.
- Professional discipline and importance of outstanding work.
- Commitment to self-learning and continuous skill and professional knowledge development.
- Professional curiosity.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.
Our Values, The KPMG Way