Recruitment Partners Inc.
negotiable / month
Finance and Insurance
Our client, a large, local non-profit, is currently searching for a Manager, Budgeting and Financial Planning. This position is responsible for taking the lead role in budget development, financial planning, and analysis. The incumbent will be overseeing the preparation of both operating and capital budgets, preparation of financial reports and analysis and providing highly responsible and complex administrative support to the leadership team. The Manager, Budgeting and Financial Planning will also be responsible for coordinating the various functions of the budgeting and financial planning department including providing supervision and direction to staff and ensuring budgeting processes are carried out in accordance with the objectives, policies, and procedures of the organization while adhering to all accounting standards.
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
- Advise all departments on budget targets and related instructions, including timelines and guidelines for budget submissions, to facilitate the preparation and submission of annual budgets
- Compile budgets submissions from department to review for accuracy and completeness, and review whether the proposed budget asks are realistic based on the environment that the organization operates within
- Provide leadership and coordination for the compilation and consolidation of annual budgets; as well as supporting documents
- Develop and maintain processes and systems to track monthly to ensure that expenditure targets are not exceeded
- Develop and maintain processes and systems to track monthly revenues to ensure that revenue targets are met or exceeded
- Compile and consolidate revenue and expenditure forecasts and prepare related analysis for submission and review
- Participate in the preparation of financial and variance analysis, and other information as requested
- Assist the Capital Development team in the development of construction budgets and applying for financing
- Assist the Fixed Assets team in managing and reporting on capital grants
- Oversee the preparation of annual reports for grants funding
Your strengths include:
- Bachelor of Commerce and/or Business Administration degree or relevant post-secondary diploma.
- Minimum 8 years’ management and related experience preferably in a unionized environment.
- CPA is a requirement
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience required and supervision of unionized staff preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience, including two years of in-depth budget and variance and forecasting experience, is required
- Minimum 5-10 years of full-cycle accounting experience required
You can expect:
- A highly engaged team in a respected and professional environment.
- The opportunity to get your career moving in the right direction.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please click the “Apply” button to send your resume directly to Jason Wong, CPA, CMA or Candice Rookes.
Recruitment Partners Inc. is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more.
Accounting & Finance – Sales & Operations – Supply Chain – Human Resources – Office Support – Technology
Contact us today – Your Search Partner – www.recruitmentpartners.ca