You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 200,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 154 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
Overview of the opportunity:
Our Compliance Group in Business Enablement Services is looking for a Manager – Compliance & Risk Management, to join our growing team. The Compliance Group helps ensure the firm and its personnel are in compliance with Professional, Regulatory, and KPMG Global standards.
What you will do
- Review and monitor various compliance and internal audit activities undertaken to support our system of quality control.
- Manage various monitoring programs and other process improvement initiatives.
- Conduct process overviews, identifying performance improvement points, performing root cause analysis and proposing solutions.
- Improve file and process documentation to support internal audit inspections.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge and subject matter expertise in Canadian, SEC, PCAOB and IESBA auditor independence rules.
- Participate in review of firm’s personal independence compliance audit process and monitor compliance with firm and professional independence standards.
- Provide consultations to KPMG partners and teams across Canada on personal independence and firm policy matters.
- Develop and update Firm policies, processes, and tools, to ensure we continue to comply with KPMG Global and local requirements as well as implement best practices.
- Assist with the development of risk management training courses.
- Promote and demonstrate commitment to audit quality, risk management and independence processes and policies within the firm.
- Assist with preparing technical alerts, guidance, training materials and other deliverables for distribution across the firm.
- Manage projects on an ad hoc and on-going basis and identify process enhancements and improvements.
- Manage the team of analysts, supervise and review respective process activities and provide timely feedback.
- Elevate your skills as you learn from a high-performing team.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
What you bring to the role
- Must have a CA/CPA designation or equivalent or Certified Internal Auditor qualification.
- A background in audit with a large professional services firm or experience in internal audit function or similar environment.
- Minimum of five years of client service experience in a large professional services firm or internal audit function or similar environment, or in an risk role, preferred but not required.
- Strong research, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills with the ability to apply conceptual framework to new and unique situations.
- Experience in responding to complex inquiries, performing research, analyzing data and identifying potential issues, arriving at conclusions, and documenting results/findings to support conclusions.
- Excellent business writing and communication skills, with a great attention to detail and ability to generate high quality deliverables.
- Experience and proven ability to manage team members and projects successfully and direct the work of others.
Keys to your success:
- Have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve your full potential.
- Strong work ethics and taking personal accountability for your work.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment, with a high level of confidence in dealing with senior executives and challenging situations.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG’s Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org .