* Lead the team’s day-to-day lending operations (application processing, loan underwriting, adjudication, loan closing) to maximize operational efficiency
* Business & Market analysis, including continuous review of transaction and market activity
* Monitoring of risk indicators that may affect new business or overall portfolio credit quality
* Advise senior management regarding origination objectives and policies
* Monitoring of the lender service level through liaison with dealer sales forces and borrowers. Identify and recommend changes to enhance customer service as needed.
* Identify and conduct due diligence on potential new dealer relationships
* User-level advice and support in the development of a Point-of-Sale application for dealers that can streamline loan processing, adjudication, and closing practices.
* Contribute to strategy development and business planning.
* Support a strong and dynamic organizational climate by encouraging teamwork and open communication within a growing team, while maintaining employee morale.
* Attend industry events and conferences.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, or based on an individual’s status in any group or class otherwise protected under applicable human rights legislation. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled and all other qualified applicants
* 6+ years’ experience in loan origination and risk management at a financial institution or consumer/automotive lending firm.
* Experience with high-volume consumer lending and/or vehicle financing lending operations including
* Knowledge of consumer lending and/or vehicle financing application and transaction processes,
* Knowledge of credit metrics and lending criteria used by consumer and/or vehicle financing lenders.
* Possesses superior analytical skills.
* Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to balance multiple projects and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, and entrepreneurial environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills
* Strong interpersonal skills, able to cultivate and maintain relationship
* Problem solver and results driven
* Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
* Experience in developing/growing a new business or product line is highly desirable
Our Toronto-based client is a commercial mortgage lender, loan servicer and investment fund manager. They offer a full range of investment and capital provision products for real estate owners and investors including commercial mortgages, mezzanine financing, investment funds, and commercial mortgage-backed securities.
Competitive base salary
Benefits & performance-based bonus included