BZAM Management is seeking a Maintenance Technician to provide highly diversified, technical support to the Facilities Department. The Maintenance Technician reports to the Facilities Maintenance Manager and is responsible for the repair and maintenance of production and facility equipment according to safety and productive maintenance systems and processes to ensure achievement of site’s business goals and objectives.
BZAM is as awesome as it sounds!We are an integrated cannabis company whose mission and brand stand for quality and integrity.Our commitment to excellence, service and employee satisfaction is demonstrated in our agile and strategic approach to market entry and investment in our people.As an emerging company in a rapid growth industry, BZAM’s innovative and accomplished leadership team is the cornerstone of our business and portfolio development.
- Provide general and technical maintenance across site facilities and offices;
- Troubleshoot equipment including, but not limited to electrical HVAC, control systems, CO2 systems, air filtration, septic and water systems, etc.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production cycles; Perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine servicing;
- Clean external equipment and structures such as condensers, A/C units, vents and gutters as required; Change HVAC filters on fan coils and condenser units in facilities;
- Change pumps and valves as necessary, adding new lines and equipment within facilities as required;
- Maintain company’s equipment such as lawn mowers, weed whackers, company vehicles, etc.;
- Perform minor construction, demolition and equipment installations;
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders; Perform daily work orders as received and prioritized by Facilities Maintenance Manager;
- Ensure appropriate inventory levels for maintenance supplies/parts; Conduct orders when necessary;
- Follow preventative maintenance schedules for equipment and facilities;
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and organized work areas; and
- Other maintenance tasks as required.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- High School Diploma/GED and completion of a relevant trade apprenticeship; equivalent education and experience will be considered;
- HVAC certification or other relevant certifications strongly preferred;
- Ability to lift and move items over 75 lbs.; This position requires extended periods of walking, standing, bending, kneeling and crouching;
- Strong technical, mechanical and problem-solving aptitude;
- Advanced understanding of electrical, hydraulic and other systems;
- In depth knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods;
- Applicable knowledge of tools, common appliances and equipment.
You Are TECHNICALLY SAVVY,well versed in facility systems, equipment, maintenance and operations.
You Are PROCESS DRIVEN AND RESULTS ORIENTED, capable of designing and developing efficient processes to streamline process efficiency.
You Are DISCIPLINED, HIGHLY ORGANIZED AND METHODICAL, able to manage multiple projects in parallel and work under tight deadlines.
- 4+ years technical maintenance experience; mechanical, industrial and HVAC;
- Experience working in a manufacturing or processing facility; and
- Experience with safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Rapid growth and advancement potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Dynamic and innovative environment
- Exceptional culture
BZAM is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength of diversity within the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, nationality, age, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.