Commercial Bakeries Corporation – a food manufacturing plant located in Toronto is currently looking for a candidate for the following position :
POSITION: MAINTENANCE MECHANIC ( Industrial Millwright )
SHIFT: Night shift
RATE: As per collective agreement – Base $ 30.97 + $ 0.80 night shift premium
Benefits : Group benefits coverage after successful completion of probationary period.
Allowances : Tools ( $ 100 every quarter and safety shoes ( up to $ 250 per year )
Candidate must have the following abilities:
· A good understanding of the mechanical and electrical components of equipments used in the bakeshop and packaging departments
(i.e. flow wrappers, metal detectors, etc.)
· General knowledge of shop tools (i.e. milling machines, lathes, grinders, drilling machines, welding equipment, etc.)
· Troubleshooting, fixing mechanical problems.
· Set up of equipment in an efficient and effective manner.
· Performing major and minor adjustments to equipment in a reasonable timeframe.
· Performing all maintenance on plant equipment in a safe manner, ensure equipment and machines are clean and in good working order, follow GMP principles.
· Completion and submission of appropriate reports.
· Maintain a wide variety of mechanical equipment both corrective and preventative maintenance.
· Perform equipment / system improvements as well as research and test new equipment, complete all maintenance record keeping and ensure all related information is available.
· Provide emergency response as first responder and verifier
· Participate in the performance management process to keep work activities focused on company strategic objectives.
· A minimum of 5 years working with mechanical and electrical; including set-up, adjustments and troubleshooting
· Exceptional attendance record
· Ability to pay attention to small details, work with minimal supervision
· Good written and oral communication skills, English
· Excellent work safety record on the technical side