Golden West Baking is an English muffin and Bun products manufacturing located in Anacis Island. Established in 1984, the facility supplies products for foodservice and retail and is part of CH Guenther and Son, a company with over 100 years of history. For more information, please visit our website at: https://chg.com/
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible to troubleshoot, repair, install and apply preventative maintenance techniques on a wide variety of food processing equipment. The ideal candidate will work effectively with the maintenance team and operations, have exposure to lockout procedures and working at heights while working on mechanical, electrical, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems. The successful candidate needs to be a team player and must have the initiative to be able to work without direct supervision, able to work shifts and overtime when required.
We are currently looking for candidates available to work in the afternoon shift from Saturday to Wednesday.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Install, align, take apart and move industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks and conveyors according to layout plans using hand and power tools
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices, such as chain blocks, jacks and forklifts, to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and find irregularities and malfunctions
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and programmable logic controls
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Operate machine tools, such as lathes and grinders, to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery
- Construct foundations for machinery or direct other workers to construct foundations
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation by using hand and power tools and welding equipment
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High school or Technical School education.
- Formal recognized Industrial Electrical controls or Mechanical (Millwrighting) preferred
- 1-5 years’ experience in a food manufacturing facility or related experience
- Experience in a complex food manufacturing environment
- Refrigeration, HVAC, Boiler, Electrical and PLC exposure would be an advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Familiar with computerized maintenance systems
- Able to prioritize and have strong organizational skills
- Must be able to multi-task and juggle priorities
- Sound professional judgment
- Follow safety regulation, company policies, and guidelines
- Maintain parts inventory.
- Replace defective parts of machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts.
- Perform general welding repairs when required
- Strong Work Ethic
- Ability to work well with others
- Time Management
Golden West Baking is an English muffin and Bun products manufacturing located in Anacis Island. Established in 1984, the facility supplies products for foodservice and retail and is part of CH Guenther and Son, a company with over 150 years of history. For more information, please visit our website at https://chg.com/