The Staffing Exchange is seeking a Hands on Maintenance Manager to join our Clients dynamic team. The applicant will work with the General manager in coordinating all maintenance projects and work orders.
- Managing the team in maintenance Technicians, Parts and Purchasing
- Assigning, checking, organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work orders to/for Maintenance Employees and ensuring work orders are completed in a timely manner.
- Performance management of the maintenance team using well defined KPIs by constantly reviewing performance and creating performance management pans to bridge the gap
- Preparing/ drafting daily maintenance report, and submitting reports to management
- Responsible for maintaining parts room inventory, full purchase cycle of parts, equipment and asset tagging via software.
- Responsible for proposing and implementing budgetary controls by analyzing downtime, work-flow, overtime costs, preventative maintenance and various additional aspects involved to optimally use resources.
- Adheres to Food Health and Safety Regulations and Employee Health and Safety Regulations
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or Red Seal Millwright / Electrician
- 5 years of proven leadership experience in maintenance supervisor or manager role preferably in consumer goods manufacturing
- High-speed packaging or food processing experience would be an asset.
- Hands-on troubleshooting experience in mechanical, boiler, pneumatic and electrical systems (HMI, PLC, VFD, motors, cylinders, etc.)
- Experience in WCM, Lean, 6Sigma would be an asset
- Tuesdays to Saturday day shifts to start
- The employee works in the food production factory
- The employee may be required to work flexible hours, which may include some evening