What on earth is DECIEM?
DECIEM is a humble and happy umbrella of good beauty brands like NIOD, Hylamide, and The Ordinary. We’ve been called every good and bad thing you can think of like “The most thrilling thing to happen to skincare” and “The hottest beauty company right now”. Over the past year, we’ve sold more than one product every second, opened the doors to our 35th store, and welcomed our 1000th employee. With many products in development, a new 70,000 square-foot HQ to call home, and plans for even further retail expansion, we are excited to do even bigger things in 2021.
Ranked one of Linkedln's Top 25 Startup Companies of 2018.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for Maintenance Electrician to join our amazing Maintenance team at our Etobicoke Facility! We are currently hiring for PM and Night shifts.
Shift:PM Shift 3:30pm – 10:30pm/ Night Shift 11:30pm – 6:30am
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario.
What would you be doing?
- Responsible for inspecting and examining all machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems as required, such as VFD’s, .
- Install, align, dismantle, and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, furnaces, and generators according to layout plans using hand and power tools
- Inspecting and examining machinery and equipment to detect irregularities and malfunctions
- Reporting machineries issues. Keeping detailed and accurate maintenance reports
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes and jacks to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery
- Install and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and programmable logic controls
- Perform routine maintenance such as sharpen tools, adjustment, clean, lubricate and repair or replace defective parts of equipment
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools
- Install, examine replace or repair electrical wiring, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, measuring the currents, voltages and other electrical components
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems.
- Conduct preventative maintenance tasks and provide documentation as required. Proactively inspect equipment daily to identify early stages of breakdown to implement corrective action
- Notify the Senior Maintenance Manager/Head of Maintenance of any maintenance issues, seek guidance and support but must be able to perform duties under minimal supervision
- Comply with all safety and health regulations (PPE, lock out procedures, etc) and follow GMP
- Maintain good housekeeping of maintenance shop and production areas, clean areas after any repairs that have been performed
- Maintain records of equipment parts used and provide inventory levels updates on a regular basis
- Respond to the calls required for equipment troubleshooting and repairs in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
What skills and qualifications do you need?
- Mechanical/Mechanics background considered an asset
- WHMIS, Pallet Lift Truck, Forklift certifications are an asset
- Red seal experience is a definite asset
- Attention to detail, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task with effective time management and communication skills
- This is a physically demanding position and requires the ability to lift 25kg
- Valid interprovincial red seal license/309A Certification is required
- College Diploma or relevant field or a certified trades person, or another relevant field OR equivalent work experience is required
- 2 – 3 years of experience in the manufacturing industry with machine operation is required
Still interested? …What happens next?
Kindly send us your resume. We really appreciate your effort in applying to this position. However, only those candidates will be contacted who have been shortlisted for interview.
And the serious stuff:
DECIEM is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.
We're a humble and happy umbrella of good beauty brands. We're founded on the principle of doing everything others don't do and we are changing the world of beauty based on this principle.
We started trading in 2013. Now we own and operate more than 10 brands in the beauty world. Some of these brands have already become leaders in their focused categories while some are still waiting impatiently to be born. We started with 1 product in 1 market. We now have a growing portfolio of more than 50 products in more than 15 markets.
We have a very good team. And it's growing. Most of us are doing what we have never done before and have become experts by doing. We are growing quickly and incredible people from very diverse backgrounds join us every month.
Everything we do is of exceptional quality. Today, quality is no longer defined by merely price points or distribution channels. Quality today means being authentic, being different, being functional, being beautiful and being sensibly priced, even to the wealthy. And we respect these principles. We choose to serve the educated, the curious and the intelligent who appreciate our dedication to this very genuine definition of quality.
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Tik Tok and LinkedIn. We'll share good things.