PRT Skimikin requires a Machine Operator to carry out forest seedling production activities as directed by Management or designates. This is a full time position; duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Safe and efficient operation of:
· forklifts over 40 HP
· tractors over 40 HP with associated implements and attachments
· trucks greater than 10,000 GVW (Kg)
· front end loaders
· skid steers
· other nursery related heavy equipment
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Have or be able to obtain valid certification for operating various mobile equipment or equivalent work experience;
· Assist in the training of employees in the safe and efficient use of nursery equipment;
· Perform checks to ensure equipment used is in safe working order on a daily basis and do minor maintenance;
· Accurate and neat completion of associated records;
· When nursery operations do not warrant machine operation, the job function may include other duties, at the discretion of the Supervisor;
· Tarping, loading and unloading trucks; experience in a shipping/receiving role will be considered an asset;
· Must pass functional abilities assessment;
· Work requires precision and detail, therefore applicant must be patient and have an ability to perform in a high paced work environment;
· Ability to follow instructions, and communicate well with others is crucial.
Compensation, Benefits & Workplace Culture:
· Our PRT nurseries are vibrant and fun communities with employees who share a strong passion for the “green” nature of our business and doing their part in regenerating the forests of North America.
· We provide a supportive team structured environment, a strong safety culture, and a commitment to the environment.
· Machine Operator wage of $20.00/hour
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted until positions have been filled. Due to the pandemic, we are asking that you do not show up at any our locations without an appointment.
To learn more about this great opportunity please contact us and/or submit your resume and cover letter Attention Mike Brown through the career page of our prt.com website
Want to learn more about a career with PRT? Watch our career video on You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsvfZdw_9m0
Thank you for applying however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.