We are seeking an experienced and professional Lube Technician. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 1 years’ experience in this or similar role. This individual is passionate, professional, has a positive attitude and shares our obsession with customer service along with a technical & mechanical aptitude.
If this sounds like you, come join our team!
Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards
* Performs inspections and recommends maintenance and other related services
* Drains oil from crankcase and refills with required amount of oil
* Replaces oil and air filters
* Inspects vehicle fluid levels, replaces or replenishes as necessary
* Checks tire pressure and adds air if needed
* Lubricates moving parts with specified lubricants
* Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts
* Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor
* Documents all work performed on the repair order
* Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs as assigned by service manager
* Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins
* Ensures that customers' cars are kept clean. Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
* Keeps shop area neat and clean
* Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as when they were received.
* Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, provincial and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OHSA, etc.
* Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner
* Reports any safety issues immediately to management
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Candidates will be required to provide their own basic hand tool kit.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
* Alignment with Company Values
* Service Excellence
* Positive Attitude
* Results Driven
* Continuous Improvement
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
How to Apply.
We use an online application process which will assess your qualifications, traits, and culture fit, as well as your resume. If you decide to apply we would like you to give us a short pitch on why you are perfect for us. You will be asked to provide an impact statement – it is the first thing we will see, so here your chance to make an amazing first impression.
The whole application should take about 5-10 minutes maximum to complete. We will review applications as they are received. Thanks to everyone who applies; if we are not able to meet, we will send you a notice so you know where you stand.
Should you require any form of accommodation during the application process, please let us know.