• Education : Completion of Secondary School is required.
• Work Experience : On the job training is provided. No prior experience is necessary.
• License : Class 1 or A or equivalent license is required. Air brake endorsement (Z) is required to operate vehicles equipped with air brakes
• Language : Basic English
Youth, Visible Minorities, Indigenous people, Veterans of Canadian Armed force, First Nation, Aboriginals and Newcomers to Canada with the above listed skills are welcome to apply.
Willing to travel internationally, Willing to travel cross-border, Willing to travel for extended periods, Willing to travel overnight, Valid driver’s licence, Drive manual transmission vehicle
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Large workload, handling heavy loads, Repetitive tasks, Sitting, Overtime required, Physically demanding
Team player, Effective interpersonal skills, Reliability, Judgement, Organized, Excellent oral communication, Flexibility
Trans-border documentation, Driver logbook, Bill of lading, Trip reports, Maintenance and repair reports, Accident or incident reports, Dangerous goods occurrence reports, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip)
• Operate and drive long combination vehicles, company trucks to transport goods and materials over long distances all over Canada and US
• Perform pre- trip, en-route and post trip inspection of vehicle, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights, turning signals, braes etc.
• Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods
• Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements
• Obtain special permits and other documents to required to transport cargo on international routes
• Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
• Load and unload goods
• Perform emergency roadside repairs
• Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
• Administer bills of lading and maintain log books
• Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices
As per Canada labour code and BC Employment standards act for highway truck drivers 4% vacation pay of the gross salary will be paid monthly basis. Overtime rate of 1.5 times the regular pay is applicable after 60 hours per week.