Position: Live-In Superintendent
Reports to: Building Manager
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
About Osgoode Properties:
Established in 1982, Osgoode Properties is one of eastern Canada’s largest owners of residential rental apartments. Osgoode owns and manages approximately 5000 homes in 23 quality residential communities in Ottawa, Gatineau, Kingston, Edmonton and Calgary. The company also owns and manages many residential and commercial holdings in Toronto, Montreal, Atlanta and Florida.
A commitment to delivering consistently high customer service levels has earned Osgoode a unique reputation in the industry. Our team of professionals promptly responds to tenant concerns and needs, with sensitivity and flexibility. Osgoode’s pride of ownership is reflected in the proactive care and maintenance programs performed on every property. The attention to detail is evident in the cleanliness and overall condition of the building exteriors, landscaping, common areas and suites.
At Osgoode Properties we are continually investing in our people and communities to provide our residents with the greatest rental home value available.
Reporting to the Building Manager, the Superintendent is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the residential building. He/she is responsible for coordinating and completing all maintenance activities to improve the reliability, safety, and cleanliness of the building. Living accommodations are included in the compensation package.
Requirements for success:
· 2 to 3 years’ experience in residential property management
· Excellent “do it yourself” skills
· Ability to perform minor plumbing, electrical and carpentry repairs
· Experience in performing janitorial duties
· Conversant with Fire Safety Regulations and computerized security systems
· Experience in dealing with sub-contractors and trades people
· Exceptional customer service skills
· Good communications skills in English (French is an asset)
· Ability to work unsupervised and work as part of a team
· Must provide clean criminal record check
· Light to medium duty work required, lifting up to 50 lbs.
· Some evening and weekends with a requirement to be on call
Your new role and responsibilities:
· Ensure regular cleaning of common areas including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting and cleaning of all halls, air vents, light fixtures, emergency lights, fire extinguishers, landings, entrances, elevators, laundry room, and office area
· Prompt turnover of vacant apartments for showings or new tenants
· Inspect building and outdoor grounds daily
· Perform regular maintenance and light repairs, such as electrical, painting, and minor plumbing
· Inspect fire equipment and ensure it is up to date with standard regulations
· Complete seasonal duties ie: shoveling of all walkways, removal of ice in all areas utilized by tenants and driveway entrances and maintaining of garden beds ie: watering and weeding
· Ensure work is completed on time, to high standards
· Follow safety protocols
· Provide customer service with a polished and professional approach
· Perform other duties as assigned
We would like to thank all applicants, however only those only those under consideration will be contacted.