Part Time Available as well.
Restaurant Line Cook
The position of Line Cook requires an individual with the necessary skills to prepare delicious menu items according to the Symposium Café Restaurant & Lounge recipes. Line Cooks are integral to our business to consistently provide the flavourful dishes guests expect with timely preparation for delivery.
As a Line Cook you will be expected to follow specific instructions for the accurate and appropriate cooking and presentation of menu items and to preserve and enhance the Symposium brand. It is necessary to be adept at moving quickly and deftly around the kitchen as well as around co-workers, and to be apt at multi-tasking. Restaurant experience in a wide variety of cooking techniques and with various ingredients is also an important facet of the position.
LINE COOK RESPONSIBILITIES
• Set up of Workstations: all ingredients and cooking equipment
• Preparation of Ingredients: i.e. chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
• Cook food using various utensils and appliances
• Check on food during preparation i.e. stirring, turning, flipping
• Ensure accurate presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
• Maintain a sanitized and orderly kitchen environment
• Proper storage of food and other essential items
• Quality check of ingredients
LINE COOK REQUIREMENTS
• Proven restaurant experience as a cook
• Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware
• Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, frying, boiling etc.)
• Ability to follow all sanitation procedures; Restaurant Health and safety certification and food handler’s certificate a plus
• Ability to work collaboratively, as part of a team
• Very good communication skills
• Excellent physical condition and stamina