Join us at our Burlington location!
We are a privately owned Canadian company with operations across the country. Our head office is based in Markham, Ontario and we have approximately 5,000 employees across Canada. We take pride in providing great tasting, high quality food products to Canadian consumers through our retail and foodservice customers.
- Permanent, Full Time positions available
- Start times: Afternoons or Overnights
- Hourly Rate: $30.50/ hour
- End times vary based on production, flexibility will be necessary
- We are a Pork slaughter facility
Why You Should Work Here:
- Dedicated team with high standards, committed to success
- Full Benefits after 6 months of employment (health/vision, dental)
- Pay increases after 6 and 12 months
- Monthly Perfect Attendance Bonus!
- On site cafeteria
- Overtime opportunities
- Must comply with all safety regulations, to provide a safe working environment for themselves and the workers in the plant
- Maintain all mechanical equipment in the plant
- Performs PMs, PDMs, CM and regular work orders on equipment
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize their work load
- Can repair and work on; conveyors, industrial equipment, pumps, grinders, welding equipment, lathes, power tools, fans, blowers, hydraulic systems, packaging equipment and pneumatic equipment
- Must be a proficient TIG welder
- Must be proficient at repairs and troubleshooting
- Must be able to work in a team type environment
- Full knowledge of hand and power tools
- Installation of equipment
- Follows GMP rules and GMP for Maintenance rules
- Carry out oral or printed work requests and apply corrective actions
- Account for Inventory and labour on a computerized maintenance program
- Any other duties required
- Fast-paced manufacturing environment, repetitive tasks, and ability to stand for extended hours
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old and legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to communicate and understand English
- Must have their own tools
- Must have experience as a Maintenance Electrician
- Must have a 309 A license
Please note all offers of employment are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check.
Sofina Foods Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.