Lead a crew in completing finish carpentry installation with a high attention to detail in designated territory (KW, Hamilton/Stoney Creek, London)
· Installation of doors, trim and hardware, custom millwork etc.
· Fabricate and install molding and trim at jobsites using hand tools and power tools.
· Measure and cut wooden molding and trim to specified size using tools.
· Read blueprints to determine location for installation
· Fasten molding and trim to interior surfaces
· Supervise and delegate tasks to carpenters
· Supervise and train apprentices
· Complete service calls as directed by the Service Department in a timely and workmanlike manner
· Report & document incomplete or poor-quality workmanship by staff and subcontractors with use of photos & written and/or verbal description to Service Department & Account Managers
REQUIRED SKILLS, EQUIPMENT, EDUCATION & COMPETENCIES:
· Skilled Finish Trim Carpenter
· Ability to creatively correct deficiencies in a timely manner
· Ability to distinguish where problems have come from and how to solve them so that the problems do not recur
· Ability to distinguish between manufacturer’s warranty claim for defective product vs. customer/installer neglectful installation or finishing (In order for office to apply back-charges correctly)
· Attention to detail
· Speed & Cleanliness (leave the jobsite clean daily)
· Professional and courteous attitude when dealing with customers
· Interpersonal skills and customer relationship building
· Ability to train apprentice the fundamentals of trim carpentry
· Must have all tools required for finish carpentry