HB&R Construction Ltd. is looking for an eager individual to fill a Lead Carpenter position. Applicants will be experienced Construction Workers who have a passion for building and a sense of leadership. We are looking for a candidate that strives to develop not only themselves but also their team.
As a Lead Carpenter you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing project progress and maintaining employee workflow.
- Consulting drawings for layout and preparation of tasks.
- Measurement and takeoff for material orders.
- Managing and maintaining a safe and clean job site.
- Performing general construction tasks
- Assisting employees with general construction tasks.
- At least 8 years experience working in the construction industry.
- Experience with reading and interpreting architectural/structural drawings.
- Hands-on experience with concrete forming, concrete finishing and rough framing.
- Excellent communicating skills.
- Personal hand tools and PPE.
- Valid Ontario G Class drivers license.
- First Aid, WHIMIS, and Working at Heights Certification.
- Excellent Math Skills
A successful candidate will also have:
- Experience with ICF Construction.
- Experience leading a small construction crew (3- 6 people).
- Experience dealing with sub-trades and clients.
- Supervising various aspects of a project
- Managing jobsite health and safety.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $26.00 to $40 /hour