Landscape Maintenance Team Leader
- Operate vehicles and powered equipment, such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, snow blowers, chain saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, and pruning saws.
- Mow or edge lawns, using power mowers or edger's.
- Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing, removing thatch, or trimming or edging around flower beds, walks, or walls.
- Use hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge or brush trimmers, or axes.
- Prune or trim trees, shrubs, or hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
- Gather and remove litter.
- Maintain or repair tools, equipment, or structures, such as buildings, greenhouses, fences, or benches, using hand or power tools.
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, horticultural vinegar onto grass, shrubs, or trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
- Rake, mulch, and compost leaves.
- Follow planned landscaping designs to determine where to lay sod, sow grass, or plant flowers or foliage.
- Plant seeds, bulbs, foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, trees, or shrubs and apply mulch for protection, using gardening tools.
- Haul or spread topsoil or spread straw over seeded soil to hold soil in place.
- Plan or cultivate lawns or gardens.
- Attach wires from planted trees to support stakes.
- Maintain a clean driving record and full license (Yearly driver’s abstract required to be provided by the employee)
- Must champion health and safety on the job site and within our shop facilities.
- Must have industry knowledge of lawn equipment use and productivity.
- Must have a knowledge of tree and plant types that are common to the Market Area
- Must submit a training schedule for personal development at the beginning of the year for the following calendar year, using the allotment for training as specified elsewhere in this manual.
- Assist with monthly meeting preparations.
- Be fully versed in all aspects of lawn care, garden maintenance, equipment use and maintenance.
- Assist with data tracking.
- Ensuring all customer service contracts are properly staffed, equipped, supplied and executed on a timely basis continually comparing the budgeted time on site to the actual time.
- Proactively follows the Seasonal Work Schedule for monthly site activities
- Ensuring all tools, equipment, vehicles and supplies are properly utilized, maintained and stored each evening.
- Proactively assisting the Operations Manager in identifying and resolving all customer service issues or concerns on a timely and proactive basis. Take ownership and pride in each site as assigned to your team.
- Continuously observes sites for deficiencies and finds ways to correct them proactively for our clients
- Assisting the Operations Manager in conducting performance evaluations and performance-related discussions.
- Monitoring the workplace and neutralizing any potential hazards that exist for Team Members during the performance of their duties.
- Assign work to Team Members appropriate to their respective skill levels. Ensure such assignments include any special instructions as indicated in the Route Sheets.
- Providing on-the-job coaching and counseling to Team Members so that they have every opportunity to safely and efficiently perform their job duties.
- Ensuring the efficient and effective execution of customer services by Team Members.
- Final inspection and sign-off of each property before leaving the site each day (fill out the check lists.)
- Manage Team Members at the end of each shift and ensure all procedures are followed.
- Maintaining a neat, secure, well-maintained and adequately supplied shop facility.
- Diligently perform all reporting functions on a routine and timely basis. (LMN)
- Responsible for ensuring all paperwork for the office is turned in daily (receipts, daily route sheets, , etc)
Provide any and all assistance, advice and cooperation to the Operations Manager, other Team Leads or Team Members as may be reasonably required or requested from time to time.
Bonus: Knowledge of LMN Time App
We service a Unique niche market of sites that we provide snow management services too. Utilizing wheel loaders and salt trucks. We have all new equipment so no major repairs necessary but good organizational skills a must to manage a large fleet of equipment.