Eva Lee and Associates Recruitment Ltd
negotiable / month
Our client is a full-service law firm, working with a broad range of clients requiring expertise and guidance on almost any legal issue. Located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, they have been growing steadily throughout BCs community since 1963.
This position is working with a senior partner and a bright associate, (may eventually be adding another partner). Opportunity to learn other litigation areas. (Some Personal Injury would be great, but mainly Civil Litigation.)
They are seeking an organized, conscientious and diligent individual who enjoys multi-tasking and takes pride in having a strong work ethic and being detail-oriented. This is a full-time, permanent position assisting a partner and an associate who practice primarily in the areas of civil litigation matters.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing correspondence, pleadings, indexes, lists and summaries;
- Preparing documents, books and/or binders for court, including photocopying and binding;
- Set discovery, trial and other court and/or meeting dates;
- Online registry searches; and
- Daily administrative tasks including daily filing, file organization, opening files, closing files, maintaining an electronic and manual bring-forward system, maintain client documents/files and binders, preparation of accounts, etc.
- Legal administrative certificate from a recognized program or requisite work experience;
- Excellent technical skills (familiarity with ESILaw, Worldox and Microsoft Office an asset);
- Experience in civil litigation and trial preparation is preferred;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Team player and also works well independently;
- Excellent prioritization skills and works well with minimal supervision;
- Enjoys a challenge and expanding their knowledge base;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong ability to manage deadlines