Northern Docks Systems is an industry leader in the repair, installation and maintenance of Overhead Door and Docking systems. We are currently looking for Journeyman and Apprentice Electricians for permanent positions in the Mississauga, On area. As a Journeyman Electrician or Apprentice Electrician you will serve a vital role within our Electrical Services Department by installing, repairing, maintaining, connecting, and/or testing electrical systems, plan installations from blueprints, sketches and specifications, install electrical and electronic devices, systematically diagnose faults in electrical and electronic components as required, measures, cut, thread, bend, assemble, and installs conduits and other electrical conductor raceways, splice and terminate electrical conductors, all while continuing to learn and progress through the organization, but not limited to and include the following;
Electrician Primary responsibilities
• Install various types of equipment and electrical services.
• Prepare and have customers sign all work orders.
• Report all potential replacement equipment as needed.
• Pick up and deliver equipment from various manufacturers to customer site.
• Assistance to fellow employees as requested.
• Follow supplier / NDS warranty procedures.
Electrical Specific Responsibilities:
• Load side electrical connections from disconnect provided including all conduit and wiring required for equipment. All main power connections are subject to & require an ESA inspection.
• All low voltage wiring for activation accessories & limits including control wiring and fire relay connections as required.
• Installation of all types of electrical conduits – watertight, emt, flex, bx & rigid (when required for special applications).
• All installations are to be carried out as per code and specifications where highlighted.
Emergency Service Department Requirements from NDS Staff Electrician:
• Troubleshoot electrical issues using various equipment.
• Troubleshoot interconnection between equipment.
• Utilize provided technology. Example: Tablets, Cell Phone, Evernote, etc.
• Adhere to daily schedule provided by Master Electrician/Coordinator.
• Perform all routine service checks to company truck.
• Keep truck clean and operational at all times.
• Keep all tools and equipment on truck cleaned and maintained.
• Maintain a proper level of inventory on the truck at all times to complete daily duties.
• Advise Warehouse Coordinator when truck inventory becomes low.
• Adhere to all regulations on customer sites.
• Attend and participate in scheduled staff meetings.
• Obtain and keep up to date records for required equipment certification.
• Consistently attempt to improve on product knowledge.
Manager: Construction Manager
Location: Mississauga, On
Work hours: Monday to Friday, 7:30 am to 4:30 pm (40 to 52 hours weekly)
· At least 2- 4 years of Electrician experience required.
· 309A license required or in the process of obtaining.
· Sound mechanical knowledge is a must.
· Ability to operate a Boom truck.
· Sound electrical knowledge is an asset.
· Arc welding may be required in this position.
· Valid driver’s license with clean abstract.
· Basic computer knowledge.
· A competitive base salary.
· Health and dental benefits.
· Employee Wellness Program.
If you are interested in these Electrician positions, please, send in your resume and we will contact you directly as soon as possible.
Contact name: Aaron Gonsalves
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!