negotiable / month
Java Software Developer
About this Role:
- This role is within the development team to build out the platform and build aggregation services, rules engines and analytics services as well as business functionality to the platform.
- These services will be exposed via rest API's to other components of the platform.
- The candidate will need to be familiar with optimization and performance tuning to optimize for low latency and very large data sets.
- The candidate will be involved in all aspects of the application development lifecycle including gathering business requirements, system design, development, testing and deployment.
- The Treasury Analytics Group is responsible for measurement and management of market risk (interest rate and foreign exchange) for the Bank's retail portfolios.
- The team develops financial models and processes required for measuring, transfer pricing, hedging product profitability, and financial management reporting.
- The Treasury Analytics Group is embarking on a brand new initiative to build the next generation strategic platform for risk, valuations and analytics to meet the growing and future needs of the department.
- This is an exciting opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies including Big Data and NoSQL databases (Hadoop, Hbase, Hive, SPARK and MongoDB) to allow the business to gain advanced insight into their portfolios and valuation metrics.
- Experience in JAVA 8 – 4 years
- Experience with REST API’s – 2+ years
- SQL – 4 years
- Strong communication skills
Nice to Have
- Hadoop and Big data
- HBase experience