Nature of work
The job of computer operator consists of assisting users of technological equipment, either in person or remotely, in particular to help them with problems of a hardware or software nature and also to carry out installations and configurations of computer hardware or software, in accordance with standardized procedures.
As part of the digital shift that organizations are taking to stimulate innovation in education, the IT operator will be mandated to:
- Answer calls for user support via a call center;
- Install and configure technological equipment and their associated equipment;
- Connect technological equipment and ensure their compatibility. In particular, installing computer components such as cards, memory modules or network components;
- Configure, clean, maintain and carry out minor repairs to technological equipment in administrative departments and schools;
- Install, configure and upgrade software and in-house programs in accordance with generally standardized procedures;
- Use, among other things, utility software to locate and resolve problems;
- Perform back-up, compress or destroy files on various media and transfer data between various workstations or organizations;
- Perform tasks on networks according to precise instructions;
- Respond to requests for assistance in person or remotely to users and provide relevant information; if necessary, go on site to perform hardware and software troubleshooting or refer them to qualified people or suppliers;
- Enter and update inventories and data related to activities of the service;
- Introduce new operators to work in IT, class I, as well as coordinate the work of support staff;
- If necessary, perform any other task related.
Our department works in an environment where teamwork, initiative and solution mode are valued. With us, it will be possible to touch on several stimulating projects and propose innovative ideas that will have the chance to blossom through our range of services.
Skills in demand
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills and use language accessible to users;
- Have a good customer approach, be versatile, empathetic and professional;
- Have the ability to analyze a situation and find an effective solution;
- Have the ability to work in a team;
- Have the ability to work under stress.
Hold a professional studies diploma in computer support or hold a diploma or certificate of studies whose equivalence is recognized by the competent authority, and have two (2) years of relevant experience.
Have a allowed to valid driver and be available to travel on the territory of the school service center.
Between $ 20.76 to $ 23.22 / hour according to the collective agreement in force.