Founded in 1995, The Egmont Group is a united body of 166 Financial Intelligence Units (FIUs). Thus, it is a truly international working environment, embracing diversity and providing constant room for improvements and initiatives.
The Egmont Group provides a platform for the secure exchange of expertise and financial intelligence to combat money laundering and terrorist financing (ML/TF). This is especially relevant as FIUs are uniquely positioned to cooperate and support national and international efforts to counter terrorist financing and are the trusted gateway for sharing financial information domestically and internationally in accordance with global Anti Money Laundering and Counter Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) standards. The IT of the group is a core driver to facilitate FIU’s international cooperation and to enhance security and safety.
The Egmont Group Secretariat (EGS) provides strategic, technical, and administrative support to the Heads of FIU, the Egmont Committee, the Working Groups, the Regional Groups. The EGS is headed by the Executive Secretary who reports directly to the Chair of the Egmont Group. The Egmont Group Secretariat was established in July 2007 and is based in Ottawa, Canada.
The incumbent will support the operations of the Egmont Group Secretariat by maintaining and improving its day-to-day IT infrastructure and technology as well as advising and driving its further development.
If you are a dynamic person who enjoys working in a diverse team and has strong IM/IT skills, this opportunity will be of interest to you.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION IS…
· Knowledgeable in IT admin management;
· Passionate about service excellence and constant improvements;
· Passionate about information technology and information management;
· At home in diverse IT environments;
· Excellent at building and maintaining strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders in an international environment;
· Able to adapt easily to changing priorities;
· Able to work under pressure; and,
· Committed to achieving concrete & tangible results.
Managing the IT infrastructure and systems of the EGS
• Administrate infrastructure, including firewalls, end point protection, security policies, databases, malware protection software and other IT related processes
• Administration and management of overall virtual environment using ESXi and vSphere, or any other applicable software
• Configuration and management of Directory Services including group policies, DHCP and DNS Services on Windows Server 2016 or later version
• Administer physical and virtual servers, laptop and desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, IP phones, software deployment, security updates and patches
• Continuous improvement of all systems
• Upgrade systems with new releases and versions
• Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
• Review application/server logs
• Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems
• Rack mounting of servers
• IT backup and restoration
• Support the maintenance of the Wi-Fi setup
• Linux system administration, user account management, backup and restore, security information and event management.
Ensuring IT security
• Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
• Designing and managing of firewall, spam filter, end point protection, VPN connection, Public DNS and Internet Services etc.
• Management of digital certificates
Providing IT support
• Resolve technical issues and outages for the EGS users in person, on the phone and through e-mail.
• Installing / preparing laptops for new EGS users
• Manage and provide advanced technical support for Microsoft Exchange 2016/2019, file sharing, network printing etc.
• Advise external stakeholders on IT-related questions
• Support EGS’ IT projects related to improvement of the technology of the organization
Administer and enhance the IT
• Dealing with the vendors for Hardware/Software licensing and subscriptions
• Propose solutions for future upgrade/re-design of the EGS IT infrastructure
• Enhance functionality and overall IT performance
• Maintains/upgrades the disaster recovery protocols of the EGS
• Improves IT Security protocols and policies
• IT Asset Management
• Other tasks required by the EGS.
The successful candidate will possess:
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline.
· At least 5 years of experience* working as a Systems Administrator
· At least 5 years of experience with Virtualization, Backup solutions, Windows/Linux Servers, Firewalls, network switches, Microsoft Exchange 2016/2019 and Active Directory Services including DHCP/DNS etc.
· Experience providing IT security. Additional experience with PKI infrastructure will be an asset.
KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES:
· Profound knowledge of Microsoft server and client systems and applications (Microsoft Certified System Engineer is regarded as an asset)
· Advanced knowledge of ensuring IT security
· Knowledge of secure cloud computing is regarded as an asset
· Knowledge of other server systems is regarded as an asset
· Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
Performance based bonus
· Fixability to work remotely during ongoing pandemic, however, IT Officer is required to be in the office regularly and if there are any emergencies that need immediate interventions in the office
· Willingness and ability to respond to help desk requests after hours on a limited basis
The Egmont Group is committed to employment and pay equity within its staff. Applications are encouraged from equity groups including individuals of Indigenous descent, racialized individuals, individuals with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ persons. We also provide accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.