Requisition ID: 45549
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As an Investment Specialist, you will focus on developing and deepening client relationships by providing high quality advice and service within the mass affluent market. Following a comprehensive financial planning framework, you will be responsible for driving investment sales and new client acquisition, while adhering to Global Sales Principles, compliance and regulatory requirements as well as establishing business development opportunities with prospects and clients within the assigned market area.
Promote the development and sustainable growth of proprietary investment business in the assigned market area by:
- Executing on business development plans for prospects and existing clients within the mass affluent market
- Conducting outbound communications and proactive calling to prospects to remain top-of-mind for future business opportunities
- Providing client-centric investment solutions through a financial planning framework, aligning with Global Sales Principles
- Conducting complimentary needs analysis across several financial statements, including competitor statements
- Building and maintaining a market profile in the assigned market area
- Participating in local professional and community events and associations to develop and expand your network
- Identifying opportunities to deliver community information sessions and financial seminars to grow prospects
- Networking with investment industry specialists while managing a small budget for independent marketing-based activities
- Identifying additional investment business development opportunities and facilitating the implementation of an investment solution and/or referral to the appropriate partners
- Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication by actively participating and contributing on team touch bases and meetings with colleagues
Desired Skills & Experience
- Post-secondary education in Business or related field
- Financial Planning Designation (PFP) or Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Mutual Fund License
- 3+ years of financial planning and investment sales experience
- Proven networking, client acquisition and interpersonal skills; experience building and maintaining Centres of Influence (COIs)
- Advanced knowledge of practical sales techniques and prospecting
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as a self-motivated entrepreneur with minimal supervision and as part of a larger team
- Extensive knowledge of competitive offerings, market trends, economic conditions, and the regulatory environment
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle, in order to meet clients and prospects within the designated district
- Second language an asset depending on target markets
- Please note that the compensation structure for this role is base plus variable pay. This is a mobile role and will require frequent travel.
Scotiabank is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Aurora || Canada : Ontario : Newmarket
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
Job Segment: Business Development, Law, Financial Sales, Financial, Compliance, Sales, Legal, Finance