The International Host provides a personalised customer service, language assistance and translations to guests to enjoy their cruise.
– Maintains the highest level of guest satisfaction by welcoming and socialising with guests, contributing to social events during their cruise;
– Makes public announcements in the languages required and cooperates with the Program Publisher for the translation of the Daily Program & Daily Specials;
– Provides information and proactively offers suggestions and support to our guests;
– Cooperates with the Guest Service Department Documenting in case of complaints, collecting all necessary documents when and if required;
– Supports the Shore Excursions Department acting as a Tour escort when required;
– Hosts and/or participates to various games, quizzes, special events language classes;
– Conducts Orientation talks at the beginning (welcome) and end (farewell) of a cruise and Travel talks on the various destinations;
– Provides full support to the Cruise Consultant in the promotion of cruise line’s loyalty program.
(skills, competencies, experience)
– Ability to communicate fluently in written and oral English plus languages between the European languages: French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, and/or Chinese Mandarin, Chinese Cantonese, Japanese, Russian;
– High School Graduated;
– Previous experience in the hospitality industry, in a customer service working environment, at sea or ashore;
– Working knowledge of Office package;
– Ability to establish relationships and to speak in public;
– Strong problem solving skills;
– Enthusiastic team player;
– STCW95 certification is compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
– A recognised medical certification is also required before starting to work on board.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
– Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.