At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for an Intermediate Rock Mechanics Engineer to join our Mine Engineering and Stability Team team based in Sudbury, Montreal, the Greater Toronto Area and the Greater Vancouver Area.
An overview of your role will include:
- Providing leadership and mentoring junior engineering staff;
- Working with multi-discipline project teams on geological and geotechnical projects that involve field work, data evaluation, engineering analysis and report preparation;
- Networking with Golder offices and staff around the world;
- Business development and strategy implementation;
- Numerical analysis, calculations and modeling;
- Performing technical reviews of the work of others;
- Preparation of proposals, technical reports, technical specifications and design drawings; and
- Performing other engineering activities as required.
You will have a background in:
- Bachelor’s degree in geological engineering or mining engineering; Master’s degree preferred;
- Professional Engineering registration in a Canadian jurisdiction (or legibility for registration);
- Minimum 5 years of relevant engineering experience specifically rock mechanics;
- Fluency in English. Spanish and/or French is an asset;
- Experience working in the consulting industry on multi-disciplinary teams;
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills, problem solving skills, and a positive attitude as well as the ability to work both independently and on teams; and
- Willingness to perform a variety of tasks as needed to complete an assignment and satisfy project demands.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring, and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 13 consecutive years