This is a 1-year maternity leave contract with the possibility of a permanent offer upon review.
As a QA Engineer, you will bring extensive QA and technical expertise to test our Absolute technology and other business applications developed with the latest micro-service technologies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for writing and executing manual and automated test cases as well as specialized testing covering the one or more areas of: UI, API, security, system performance, log monitoring, network/protocol analysis, and installation/configuration.
In addition to test creation/execution the candidate will be involved in using and extending the test automation framework.
- Take an active role in the creation of the project test plan including risk analysis, test strategy, and test scope.
- Provide accurate task estimates and status reports.
- Review Product requirements/specifications and other technical documentation to ensure test ability and completeness.
- Develop automated UI, API, and performance tests.
- Develop automated other functional and non-functional tests.
- Execute manual and automated tests on Web-based client-server application.
- Execute manual and automated tests on Android, iOS, Windows and Mac Platform.
- Identify and record descriptive defects.
- Collaborate closely with Development, Program Management and Support to analyze and resolve issues.
What you will need to be considered:
- Intermediate programming skill in Java (must have)
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience with testing Enterprise software in a Client/Server or Web environment
- Experience with test automation for Web
- Solid test plan and test case writing skill
- Excellent oral and written communication skill
- Excellent understanding of SDLC and quality process
- Experience with Industry standard test automation, test and defect management tools
- Self-motivated, independent, detail orientated and responsible team-player
What you will need to stand out:
- Experience with REST API testing
- Experience with Micro services testing
- Experience with VMWare or other emulators
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with Scrum