negotiable / month
Arts and Entertainment
We're currently seeking a passionate and self-motivated graphic designer. Working in a small team environment, you must be well versed in creating graphic design materials for both small business and cooperate clients.
The ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver with the ability to create marketable and easy to understand designs across many formats. This includes branding, package design, marketing & advertising material, digital marketing and web design projects.
Hard Skill Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree/Diploma in Graphic Design.
- 2-3 years of previous work experience in a comparable industry.
- Solid design, conceptual skills, and layout skills with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Cross-platform (web, mobile, print) design experience.
- Advanced knowledge in the latest versions of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat) and basic Microsoft (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Experience / knowledge in HTML and WordPress websites (setup, installation and complete customization).
- Exceptional knowledge of Mac Platform and file management.
- Proficient with digital photography, photo retouching, colour-correcting and close-cropping images for all assets.
- Understanding of print and prepress design, as well as ability to prepare files for output.
Soft Skill Qualifications:
- Excellent organizational, time and project management skills with the ability to multi-task several priorities; good judgement, initiative and intuition.
- Comfortable working autonomously as well as a part of a team.
- Great presentation and communication skills.
- Must have ability to take well to and grow from constructive criticism.
Considered an asset:
- Experience / knowledge in Shopify (setup, installation and complete customization).
- Ability to develop and execute e-blast campaigns.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and SEO best practices.
- Experience with graphic production for video and motion graphics.
- Experience posting social media content on behalf of a company.
- Work directly with the Creative Director, design team and clients to develop new designs for print and digital components.
- Using strong communication skills to present creative concepts to team and clients.
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work.
- Adapting to a number of different design styles that are in line with the various brands/clients.
- Design from concept to final product with the ability to take criticism. (Project include but are not limited to: Websites, Google Ad Campaigns, Videos, Email Campaigns, Package Design, Print Advertisements and various POS Material).
- Coordinate all aspects of production in both print and digital projects.
In your application, include a portfolio link showing relevant design work along with salary expectations. If considered for an interview, we ask that you bring in your portfolio accompanied with idea sketches to show thinking process.
We're looking for someone to round out our team, a positive person and a self-starter. Bonus points to the candidates that read the end of this job description and add their favourite restaurant and genre of music to the end of their application.
AS Advertising is a small full-service advertising studio specializing in strategic branding, packaging, POS, marketing, web services and digital media. We are perfectly situated between Hamilton and Burlington in Waterdown and have been servicing the GTA since 1976.