At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder Associates Ltd. is seeking an experienced Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer to join our Ground Engineering West Group at the London location. The roles and responsibilities will entail a combination of technical work and involvement in developing our ground engineering business including proposal writing, and client development.
The successful candidate will be part of a multifaceted geotechnical group working with multi-disciplinary staff (i.e., foundations, pavements, waste management, environmental, etc.) and in various market sectors (i.e., highway and rail infrastructure, municipal development, commercial development, oil and gas, etc.).
An overview of your role will include:
- Serve as a technical resource in the ground engineering business across the life cycle of project work: problem definition, solution development, testing, engineering, commissioning and operations support;
- Serve as bench strength for project development and delivery (proposals, project management, client relations, team development and training);
- Work to build relationships with other Golder staff around the company, through constructive engagement and collaboration;
- Work to build business opportunities with other Golder staff around the company;
- Contribute to a rewarding and collaborative work atmosphere in the office and remotely, and to engaging junior staff in all disciplines;
- Contribute to a culture of health, safety and protection of the environment by being a role model to junior and new staff and by giving industry and site perspectives to inexperienced staff which are crucial to make safety and contribute to the development, streamlining and automation of safety related documentation;
- Developing an understanding of our client’s needs and delivering high quality service to ensure client satisfaction;
- Functioning as a key participant in team and client meetings;
- Helping develop and participate in strong interoffice and intercompany teams to achieve project goals;
- Recognizing areas for internal improvement and working with senior colleagues to develop these improvements;
- Minimizing our exposure and risk across projects;
- Mentoring colleagues in the group in the technical area of ground engineering and mentoring colleagues of all disciplines in GTA around consulting and business development; and,
- Help identify partnership opportunities and capitalize on “add-on” opportunities within existing projects and new clients.
You will have a background in:
- Bachelor’s or post-graduate degree in Geotechnical (Civil or Geological) Engineering;
- 7 to 10 years of relevant working experience since graduation;
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario;
- Licensed Professional Engineer in other provinces and/or territory is an asset;
- Strong people skills and a desire and ability to work in a team environment;
- Strong interpersonal communication and critical thinking skills;
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written);
- Demonstrating a “Safety-First” focus and acting as a role model to other staff; and,
- Maintaining a high standard of behavior to uphold Golder’s reputation and demonstrating a commitment to our Core Values; and,
- Valid driver’s license.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages.
- Employee owned structure – own the business, own the result.
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment.
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects.
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching.
- Global projects and travel opportunities.
Golder Associates Ltd. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), and all other applicable legislation. Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities upon request.