Industrial Maintenance Technician
· Brampton, ON
· Full-Time permanent position with on-call hours (with time in lieu)
· Comprehensive benefits package and RRSP matching
We’re Ian Martin Group (https://ianmartin.com/) , and we’ve partnered with a leading company in the Canadian healthcare market who focus on biomedical waste management and disposal. Now, we’re looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join the team. Could this be you?
Industrial Maintenance Technician
You’re a hands-on technician with a mechanical engineering background looking for a meaningful role where you pride yourself in your positive attitude and willingness to learn.
In this role, you will perform a wide variety of tasks, all of which are integral to the success of our company. Your role will be focused on maintenance and servicing of equipment, installation, equipment upgrades, emergency repairs, and training staff on machinery and equipment. You’ll also be troubleshooting both over the phone and in person, traveling to our various plants and repairing our machines and servicing our equipment.
You’re someone who is very hands-on and technical. You have a genuine desire to succeed, which is why you’ll excel here. You’re motivated and think outside-the-box to solve problems.
Practically speaking, some of the things you will be responsible for, include:
· Learning and understanding how to operate not only our machinery but also equipment in the plant, such as (autoclave, boiler, air compressor, bin lifter/tippers etc.).
· Performing on-site and over the phone troubleshooting, in addition to service and repairs of all equipment in the facilities.
· Performing regular maintenance inspections on all equipment as specified in the SOP’s or user manuals.
· Keeping written or digital reports, documenting completion of PM and other maintenance work.
· Troubleshooting plumbing, fabrication, mechanical, and electrical systems of the Boiler, Washsmart, Autoclave and other plant equipment.
· Performing all local and provincial compliance related tasks associated with plant equipment such as (but not limited to) PH testing, hardness testing, water temperatures etc.
· Maintaining Washsmart inventory at each location in conjunction with individual plant management to ensure all plants are properly stocked.
Working With Us
This is a full-time permanent position, working Monday to Friday 9-5 with the ability to be on-call as required on weekends and holidays. You’ll receive a salary commensurate with experience in addition to a comprehensive benefits package, vacation, and RRSP matching and compensated in lieu time for overtime.
· 8+ years of experience in a related field or as an Industrial Millwright
· Proficiency troubleshooting and repairing automated, hydraulic, pneumatic, low voltage electrically/electronically controlled machinery/equipment
· Ability to read drawings/blueprints and schematics
· Strong fitting and fabrication ability
· Experience with plumbing and electrical work
· Experience with GTAW, SMAW, GMAW welding (ferrous and non-ferrous alloys/stainless steels)
· Experience working with equipment such as boilers, autoclaves, air compressors etc.
· Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
· Willingness to work at heights and confined spaces
· Must be willing to work weekends and holidays if needed to cover customers’ needs
· Ability to travel to other site locations within Canada
· Ability to travel to the US when required by the business
· Clean/valid G Ontario Driver’s license
· Red Seal License (strong asset)
· 433A preferred or hands on mechanical engineering experience
· A post-secondary diploma or degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you’ll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
We will review all applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and look forward to hearing from you.