We are currently recruiting for a junior Import Clerk for an established client in the retail industry located in Montreal. This opportunity begins as a 1 year temporary contract with the possibility to become permanent.
Working hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm.
Location: Near Namur Metro.
Salary: To be discussed
The Import Clerk will be responsible for accurately entering detailed purchasing information into the SAP computer system as well as convert or create purchase orders and new items in the integrated management software package (ERP).
– Enter data into the ERP system;
– Follow up on orders;
– Communicate with suppliers;
– Calculate the volumes and weights of products and convert units of measurement (inches to centimeters, etc.);
– Create and format purchase order reports;
– Confirm with suppliers the delivery times, prices and number of items;
– All other related tasks.
– Advanced English
– DEC/AEC in Transport and Logistics
– Import experience an asset
– 1-2 years of experience in an office environment
– Computer literate, at ease with Microsoft Office Suite
– Attention to detail
– Problem solving skills
– Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment
– Team player