* Preparing and following-up on quotations and tenders
* Liaison with building owners and consultants
* Create comprehensive and accurate estimates easily convertible to construction budgets
* Preparing take-offs for all labor, equipment and materials assigned to the project
* Reviewing plans as well as specifications to determine feasibility of requests
* Engaging with clients and stakeholders
* Create and issue tenders for sub-contracting pricing
* Create and maintain a costing database for future budgeting
* Provide a weekly update on all current and upcoming estimates and budgets
* Attending pre-tender site meetings to prepare an accurate estimate
* Assisting Production or Service with preparing prices for extras or credits
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, or based on an individual’s status in any group or class otherwise protected under applicable human rights legislation. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled and all other qualified applicants
* A min of 5 years of experience in the role of Construction Estimator within a General Contracting (GC) firm having been the sole or lead Estimator with a clear track record of successfully won projects.
* Proficient knowledge in Site Development, Building Envelope, and civil for ICI facilities.
* Experience in developing tools for improving accuracy and timeliness of estimating and cost tracking
* Ability to perform review of documents, specification and drawings in preparation of estimate
· Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask
Knowledge of On Screen Take off software
* Existing relationships with trades and/or consultants are an asset
* Knowledge of On Screen Take off software
Our client is recognized as one of Ontario’s leaders in construction of commercial and ICI projects.
They are one the leading commercial construction companies in Ontario, in terms of design, Commercial and Multifamily Building Envelope and New Construction.
Looking for proud individuals who share a vision and are passionate about what they do.Salary Range $80,000 – $120,000
* Dynamic work environment
* Excellent career growth potential