Our Bowmanville, ON location is currently looking for Hydrovac Operators with their Class 1, Class 3 or DZ license to join the team. Our Hydrovac Operators drive and operate our specialized on-board hydro-vacuum system, while providing safe, customer-focused services to our customers.
The job requires typical construction type hours with some weeks being less than 40 hours and other weeks very busy requiring 50 plus hours. Travel for short term out of town work assignments and/or training is to be expected. Training will be provided for people with a desire to succeed.
This position is in a region that is covered under a collective bargaining agreement; the successful applicant may be required to join the union as a condition of employment.
To become familiar with “A Day in the Life at Badger” please visit Badger’sCareers Page.
Please note: This role is not a camp position.
* Safely operate the on-board hydro-vacuum system outside the truck and perform other duties such as clean-up, mobilization and general maintenance of the equipment.
* Always communicate effectively and professionally and to demonstrate a strong customer service focus in all interactions.
* Lead and direct personnel to perform duties/tasks in a safe, timely, and efficient manner.
* Troubleshoot minor mechanical issues and as the need arises perform minor repairs to equipment.
* Attend safety meetings and ensures all tasks are always completed in a safe and professional manner.
* Use Company provided technology (iPad) for field ticketing and time and attendance
* Properly document all Company, Federal, Provincial and Customer paperwork as required by law and/or established policy in a clear and legible manner.
* Previous Hydrovac, trucking, vacuum truck or other related industrial experience preferred.
* Will be required to successfully complete pre-employment screening, which includes driver’s abstract review and drug and alcohol test.
* Must have a minimum Class 1, 3 or DZ license.
* Safety certifications preferred (eg. First Aid/CPR, C.S.T.S, H2S Alive, Fall Protection, Confined Space, OSSA and Ground Disturbance).
* Experience in a labour-intensive position and working outside in all types of weather conditions.
* Ability to work independently in a team and safety focused environment.
* Mechanical inclination is an asset.
Physical Demands Requirements
* Must be able to hear and distinguish emergency signals and instructions while on duty.
* Must be able to repetitively sit, lift, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, reach and crawl.
* Must be able to repeatedly lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
* Must be able to work in all outdoor elements for extended periods of time.
* Must be cleared to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
* Must be able to climb ladders, and work from stationary platforms from elevated heights.
* Must be capable of working extended hours and variable shifts.
About Badger Daylighting
Badger Daylighting is North America’s leading provider of non-destructive Hydrovac excavation services. We are publicly traded company, listed on the TSX (‘BAD’). Badger traditionally works for contractors, engineers, and facility owners in the oil and gas, power, municipal, transportation, industrial, and commercial construction industries. We have been designing and manufacturing our Hydrovac System for more than 20 years, continually improving the safety, efficiency, and productivity of the system. Today, our fleet of more than 1000 Hydrovac vacuum trucks provide excavation services to more than 100 US and Canadian locations.
Badger is a leader in the Hydrovac and environmental services industry because of our great people and their customer focus. Be part of a team with the opportunity to develop new ideas and find innovative ways to solve problems.
Badger Daylighting offers competitive salary, an incredible work environment, training and career advancement opportunities. We offer a comprehensive benefit program which includes Health, Dental, Disability, Life, Employer Matching Retirement Savings Program and Vacation / Paid Time Off.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Badger Daylighting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Internal applicants are reminded to discuss their intention to apply with their supervisor before applying.
**Organization:** **Badger Daylighting LP*
**Title:** *Hydrovac Operator – Bowmanville, ON – Immediate Opening*
**Requisition ID:** *210242*
Badger Daylighting is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.