Reporting to the Senior Director, Human Resources, the Human Resources (HR) Manager will be a key contributor to Achev’s HR functional excellence. This role will execute on people initiatives and provide great internal customer support. The HR Manager will oversee the Payroll and Benefits function, develop, communicate and ensure compliance with policies and procedures, develop and implement various HR programs, oversee Performance Management across the organization, assist with training and development initiatives and provide guidance on employee relations issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manage the Payroll and Benefits Officer; verify and assist with semi-monthly payroll and ensure timely and accurate payroll processing, act as Payroll backup as required;
* Oversee benefits and pension plans administration and reporting;
* Research, develop, update, interpret legislative and corporate policies and procedures and ensure consistency in application and compliance across the organization. Communicate and recommend areas for improvement;
* Develop, implement and manage effective programs and drive various initiatives to motivate, develop, retain, and reward employees, such as the Employee Rewards and Recognition Program;
* Manage the annual Employee Engagement surveys, DEI surveys, Employee Suggestion Box Program, contribute to the communication of results and development of Action Plans;
* Manage the annual performance review process as well as work with department managers daily to ensure the high performance of all employees;
* Provide guidance for the timely resolution of various employee relations issues and conflicts;
* Oversee progressive discipline, Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs) and terminations of employment;
* Ensure compliance with Employment laws and legislation and Human Resource policies, practices, and standards;
* Drive HR initiatives related to skills and career development and training;
* Oversee development and execution of ad hoc HR Projects, as required;
* Proactively research and evaluate HR best practices, latest developments and trends;
* Prepare and maintain periodic and ad-hoc HR analysis and reports including turnover, headcount, HR Cost and HR budget, etc.
* Assist with other tasks and duties as needed.
* A university degree in Business, Management, Human Resources or related field.
* CHRL designation required.
* Over ten years of experience in human resources with minimum three years in a HR management/supervisory capacity.
* Minimum three years experience in preparing and processing payroll of up to 300 employees.
* Some experience in the not-for-profit sector preferred but not mandatory.
* Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, conflict resolution and coaching skills with the ability to work effectively at all levels in the organization.
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of employment laws and legislation.
* Knowledge of all functional areas of human resources. This includes experience in talent acquisition/management/development, organizational design, employee relations and employment laws, payroll, benefits and policies and procedures.
* Ability to organize and deliver in-person and virtual meetings and video-conferences.
* Proficient PC skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); working knowledge of a HRIS, preferably KRONOS.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
* Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills with the ability to manage a demanding workload, multiple demands, competing priorities, and work with tight deadlines.
This position will require the successful completion of a background check.
Please apply only if you are CHRP Certified( not in course of) ; if you have experience in payroll and if you have at least 10 years experience working as an HR Professional.
Achēv embraces inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you are invited to an interview and require accommodation at any stage in the process, please notify the Hiring Manager. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted by the Hiring Manager. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for recruitment purposes only.