Shylo Home Healthcare has been helping families care for their loved ones, in their homes and facilities, for 39 years. Our team of local Nurses and CHWs is committed to providing superior care to the citizens in our community; many of our clients are on The North Shore, but we also provide service to residents of Vancouver, Burnaby, and Richmond.
As a Caregiver/Home Support Worker, you will work under the direction of a Shylo Nursing Supervisor and an individual Care Plan to provide home support services to our clients. Your goal will be to help individuals enjoy life by assisting them to perform their simple daily functions: meal prep, light exercise, local transportation, social interaction, personal care and housekeeping. You will observe and document on the client’s health condition and environment, report significant and unsafe observations and provide support and guidance as well as input and feedback in the care planning process.
· 24/7 Office Support
· A rewarding and meaningful career
· Full Medical/Dental Benefits
· Professional Development
· Staff Social Events
· Flexible schedule and hours
· One on One training for clients with unique care needs
· 4% vacation pay
We are committed to the health and safety of our staff. We are committed to being a respectful workplace.
Who Should Apply?
· International Students in Canada with a Nursing Degree
· Nursing/LPN students currently enrolled in a program
· Students in a Care Aid/Home Support Worker program who are about to complete the program
· International Nurses in Canada
· BC Care Aid/Community Health Worker registered applicants
· Experienced Caregivers/Home Support Workers
· First Aid/CPR Certificate
· Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector)
· Clear TB Test
· Legally able to work in Canada (Citizen, PR, Work Permit/Student Permit)
· Preparing meals and snacks, if able to, encourage the client to help with prep and clean up
· Encouraging light exercise (walks, swims, stretches) to keep the client active and physically moving
· Tiding up the house and help with basic housekeeping tasks that help keep the home environment neat and enjoyable for the client
· Assisting with personal care (hygiene, bathing, grooming, dressing) to help the client feel their best
· Transporting the client to nearby appointments or engagements. Accompany the clients to social actives and events in the community or with family and friends.
· Reminding the client to take medications
· Conversing and reminiscing to provide companionship and mental stimulation
· Through this job site or by completing an application form on our website: https://www.shylohomehealthcare.ca/about/employment.php
· By mail to Shylo Home Healthcare: 1305 St. Georges Avenue, North Vancouver, BC V7L 3J2
Salary: $15.00 to $18.75 /hour