As a Healthcare Learning Solutions Designer, you’ll be working closely with our clients as a member of our learning solutions design team. You’ll have experience consulting in healthcare and/or pharmaceuticals, and be comfortable working with clients across a range of other industries. You will have demonstrated problem-solving skills, and an aptitude for navigating ambiguity. You have familiarity with design disciplines and techniques, such as organizational design, working agile, prototyping, etc…
You’re someone who can lead a project team and consult to clients, and are equally excited about rolling up your sleeves and getting the work done. You’re have strong writing and design skills, and enjoy working independently as well as part of a team.
Through your client-focus and commitment to excellence, you will ensure that our deliverables help each client meet their objectives. You’ll be a dedicated coach to your team, and encourage collaboration, productivity, and positivity.
You will need to be able to think on your feet, learn new content areas quickly, and have a passion for learning, training, and development.
Performance objectives and success factors
Consult and Build Relationships with Healthcare Clients
- Understand and identify each client’s requirements, and provide them with recommendations for learning, training, and development initiatives
- Consult with clients on strategies such as competency development plans, learning technology recommendations, and employee experience mapping
- Facilitate design working sessions with clients
- Consult with clients on materials design, development, and deployment
- Lead project team meetings both internally and externally
- Provide advice and solutions to client challenges and internally to Metrix
Conduct Front End Analysis
- Conduct front-end analysis (target audience analysis, technology assessment, content-audit, etc…) and use results to design and develop blended learning solutions
- Conduct focus groups, subject-matter expert interviews, and/or develop a survey as part of your needs assessment when appropriate
- Write a recommendations report based on the analysis
- Identify client-branding requirements (style-guide)
Design & Develop Learning Solutions
- Design and develop learning solutions for product and therapeutic areas, as well as for sales representatives, managers, and leaders in pharma and biotech, as well as other industries
- Lead the creation of innovative design concepts, detailed content outlines, wireframes/storyboards
- Design learning solutions in formats that range from communication pieces to digital solutions (e-Learning, e-Books, custom apps) to traditional live-training sessions
- Develop training modules on a wide range of therapeutic areas
- Identify graphics required to support content
- Design and develop patient/physician perspectives
- Ensure referencing is complete to client and regulatory standards
Implement & Evaluate Learning, Training, Development Initiatives
- Develop implementation plans and materials for launch and rollout
- Develop the evaluation plan and tools for the project
- Facilitate the implementation of all Metrix solutions
- Facilitate instructor-led and virtual-instructor-led materials as needed
- Develop project charter and get sign-off
- Monitor project timelines, deliverables, and project-scope
- Act as a point of contact for project leader in client organization
- Follow the project life-cycle; launch the project, clarify scope and deliverables, conduct project team meetings, design the learning solution, deliver the solution, and support client implementation and evaluation
Technology & Innovation
- Continually build your expertise and demonstrate it through a range of channels
- Use strong Design Thinking and problem solving skills
Leadership, Coaching, and Collaboration
- Collaborate with other leaders/project teams working within the same client account to ensure alignment
- Collaborate, communicate, and coach team members, project leaders, client partners, etc… to share leading practices
- Demonstrate visible commitment to Metrix’s mission, vision, values, and business goals
- Contribute to Metrix and the industry as a thought-leader
- Contribute to building a culture and environment for success
- Seek feedback continuously from all stakeholders
- University degree in life sciences; graduate degree considered an asset
- 2+ years in a consulting or design agency working with healthcare clients; OR medical communications or medical marketing
- Visual design acumen required
- Experience in the learning industry a strong asset
- Expertise and experience in project and client management
- An overall high digital literacy; the ability to quickly and easily learn new digital tools
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, and to work independently and collaborate in a high-performance team environment with demanding deadlines
- Demonstrated skills in critical thinking and Design Thinking practices
- Experience working with or consulting to large or complex organizations
- Demonstrated ability navigating ambiguity and problem-solving capabilities
We’re an agency that creates custom workplace learning solutions for our incredible roster of clients. We design, develop, and deliver training programs that organizations need to train their employees. Our products and services include curriculum analysis, design and development, learning strategy, systems training, onboarding, performance support and medical writing by the use of eLearning, eBooks, (virtual) instructor-led training, blended learning, mobile, video and so much more.
Our focus is on creating the highest quality learning experiences for our clients. We’re learning experience designers and content developers at our core. It’s through a thoughtful combination of experience, innovation, and strategy that we design the most powerful ways to train people.
Everything we create is custom and built in strong partnership with our clients, so that we can meet each clients specific and unique objectives. We consult across a range of industries, including, but not limited to, pharmaceutical, financial services, government, public and retail.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to be diverse, inclusive, and fair, and that work is never finished. We celebrate differences in our team, candidates, clients, and community, and are excited about the way different perspectives can enrich our work.