For over half a century, Bethany has been improving the lives of Alberta seniors and adults with disabilities by providing housing, health and community services that honour their spirit and individuality.
At Bethany, our employees are the backbone that supports our model of quality care. We celebrate a workforce rich in diversity and our employees are rewarded through meaningful work experiences. Our employees are a part of something bigger than themselves – we are a team of multi-disciplinary professionals committed to “Creating Caring Communities”.
We offer competitive salaries, attractive benefits and pension programs, growth through learning and development, and numerous opportunities to give back to the community – just a few of the things that led to Bethany being named one of Alberta’s Top Employers fourteen times since 2000. It’s simple — we invest in our people because they are the reason for our success.
We are delighted that you are considering joining our team! We are looking for people who are passionate about people, working to enhance everyone’s quality of life at every stage of the journey.
With a passion for care towards residents, families and team members, the Health Care Aide is accountable for providing outstanding care and support to residents, resident families and volunteers within their designated scope of practice. The Health Care Aide demonstrates responsiveness to the holistic needs of residents by assisting with activities of daily living, promoting choices, maintaining dignity and facilitating resident independence.
What You Will Do
Individual responsibilities will fall under five main areas of focus:
1. Resident-Centered Care: Promotes service excellence and is responsive to the residents’ needs in accordance with resident care plans, policies and procedures. Assists residents with all activities of daily living as required, while maintaining the resident’s privacy and dignity.
2. Documentation: Accurately and comprehensively documents and reports care and related observations to the Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse in a timely manner. Monitors, observes and documents residents’ holistic needs in the health care record, including the physical, psychological, spiritual, social and emotional well-being of the resident.
3. Safety: Contributes to a safe environment for residents, the team and self by understanding and adhering to safety guidelines and practices at all times. Demonstrates thorough knowledge of all resident, occupational health and safety and emergency preparedness and response policies and procedures.
4. Pro-active Learner: Demonstrates the vision and values of Bethany and lives out the mission of Creating Caring Communities.
5. Team Work: Cares for and works cooperatively with others as an effective team member. Participates with other interdisciplinary team members in evaluating and changing the documented care needs of residents.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Grade 10 education and Government of Alberta approved Health Care Aide certificate
• Previous Health Care Aide experience is preferred but not required
• Ability to work effectively in a physically and mentally demanding environment
• Demonstrates ability to understand, speak, read and write effectively in English
• Excellent observation, communication and problem solving skills
Posting Number: 18-3055
Position Number: HCA-AR00-037
Location: Bethany Airdrie LTC
Position Type: Part Time Temporary (End date: May 2, 2020)
Hours of Work/Shift Per Cycle: 14 shifts in a 4 week rotation
How to Apply:
Like what you see and think you have what it takes to join our team?
Apply Online before 23:00 on February 23, 2020 at:
All applicants are thanked for their interest.
Bethany Care Society is an equal opportunity employer.
All Bethany staff members are required to complete a Criminal Background Check.
Bethany Care Society complies with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). By forwarding your resume to Bethany you are consenting to the collection and use of your personal information for this job competition. Your information will be kept strictly confidential.