– Manages a selected team to provide an immediate positive first impression to every passenger through a warm, welcoming individual greeting supported by a spotless and professional appearance.
– Manages a selected team to ensure that all subordinates in the F&B Services department understand their roles in relation to passengers’ satisfaction/service and that established standards for passenger service and food product quality are always achieved.
– Always provides immediate and undivided attention to passengers’ complaints, promptly resolves issues that affect F&B Services’ operations and the passengers’ cruise experience, and escalates to Maitre D’Hotel as appropriate.
– Coaches team to nurture a memorable connection with every passenger by always showing genuine interest during service and staying fully engaged throughout the voyage.
– Knows team’s role descriptions, delivers them to all team members (new joiners, returning crew, and promoted crew), and communicates clear expectations based on each role description.
– Observes each crewmember’s performance using his or her role description as a guide and delivers prompt and appropriate correction, improvement, or reinforcement. Coaches and develops skilled, engaged team members to become the Consummate Host.
– Identifies top performers and mentors them for career advancement or promotion.
– Supervises, assigns duties, and prepares work schedules for Dining Room staff, regularly coaching and monitoring their performance.
– Conducts orientation and training programs (including product knowledge) for all F&B Services department members as instructed by the Maitre D’Hotel.
– Assigns and adjusts manning levels to achieve optimal results based on operational demands in all service areas.
– Always maintains high morale and motivation among the staff.
– Actively participates in regular staff meetings with supervisors and staff to discuss ongoing F&B-related issues.
– Works in close cooperation with the Maitre D’Hotel to verify that dining rooms and buffets are always set up in a timely fashion in accordance with posted times and that the dining room environment meets all Company standards.
– Oversees Waiters and Junior Waiters to ensure they handle all equipment and supplies in a manner consistent with Company standards.
– Continually reviews and monitors equipment and promptly resolves any equipment malfunctions or breakdowns.
– Assists the Maitre D’Hotel with special F&B events onboard, including the proper training of staff who will be actively involved.
– Assists the Maitre D’Hotel to work with the F&B team to fulfill passenger special requests such as diet, special functions, birthdays, anniversaries, and other celebrations; ensures that gift/special services orders are properly handled.
– Oversees functions as directed by management.
– Ensures that all bar checks are properly signed and processed, indicating folio number and passenger’s name, and that data is properly input into the Micros POS Hotel system.
– Properly oversees staff to minimize breakage and loss; controls inventory levels (Silverware, Linen, Glassware, and China) to ensure adequate supplies and manage costs.
– Focuses on revenue and promotional beverage sale items and properly coaches staff to meet wine and beverage targets.
-Extensive experience in this role in a well established restaurants/hotels/passenger ships
– Cruise ship experience would be a plus, but not mandatory
– Excellent command of the English language