Surrey, BC, CAN
Mastronardi Produce pioneered the commercial greenhouse industry in North America, and we’re now the leading greenhouse vegetable company on the continent. Our award-winning, flavorful produce is packed under the SUNSET® brand and is available at leading grocery retailers across North America. Family owned for over 65 years, we pride ourselves on having the most flavorful products and the best people in the industry. We are constantly pushing boundaries to be a leader in fresh produce innovation. We seek individuals that demonstrate our PRIDE values (Passion, Respect, Innovation, Drive, Excellence) to help us fulfill our mission to inspire healthy living through WOW flavor experiences.
We are currently seeking a Sanitation Team Member for our facility in Surrey, British Columbia. The essential function of this position is to grade and pack all products to customer specifications. The individual is also responsible for a wide variety of duties including but not limited to this job description.
To perform the job successfully, the incumbent’s behavior must be consistent with the PRIDE values expected of all Mastronardi Produce employees – be Passionate; have Respect; be Innovative; be Driven and strive for Excellence.
* Grade and pack all product(s) according to company/customer specifications.
* Maintain product quality standards that meet product specifications.
* Ensure proper packing material is used.
* Assist in packaging/washing set up, as needed, to ensure smooth flow of product.
* Maintain a sanitized and organized department that meets all food safety requirements (work with FS coordinator).
* Follow all company rules and policies at all times.
* Respect all other employees and work in a professional manner at all times projecting a good company image.
* Must handle all sanitizing chemicals safely, as prescribed.
* High school diploma preferred
* Related work experience in food production an asset
* Work as a team member; follow directions and offer support and suggestions when necessary
* Excellent communication skills
* Flexible to job demands (hours, etc.)
* Be respectful and deal tactfully with employees, customers and vendors
* Keep all company information confidential and will not disclose any company information to outside individuals
* Work in a cool temperature
* Work well under pressure
* Capable of lifting at least 30 lbs
* Work long hours if necessary
* Standing for long periods of time
**We are pleased to offer the following Benefits: **
* Paid weekly
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
* Paid time off and holiday pay
* Employee Engagement & Recognition Programs
* Opportunities for growth and advancement
* RSP match Pension plan after 1 year of employment
Please note: Mastronardi Produce has accommodation processes and policies in place and provides accommodation for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or documented medical need, please contact the Human Resource office so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodation to be put into place.
*Posted:* February 17, 2021