As a Full Stack Developer, you will work on a team that develops and supports a large, very visible web platform and its tools that drive over a thousand sites for a well-known media company.
Technical challenges abound and your input as a contributing team member will be critical to the success of this ongoing work.
Your Background and Skills
– 2-3 years experience developing web-based solutions at both front- and back-ends
– Delivery of at least 2 web-based solutions where you worked on both front- and back-ends with one or more of the following technologies: Node.js, Go, React, Angular
– Experienced in developing with a MongoDB database.
– Experienced developing with GraphQL.
– Some experience developing and maintaining MySQL databases.
– Experience with Git-based source control management (SCM).
– Knowledge of SDLC and Agile development methodologies.
– Collaborate with colleagues to implement web-based solutions and applications.
– Leverage your experience to work both as a member of a team and independently when unsupervised.
– Communicate effectively with clients, always keeping their needs in mind.
– Design and suggest solutions for clients' needs and issues.
– Deliver solutions.
– Document solutions.
– Suggest improvements for and optimize web-based solutions.
– University/college education in related field (or equivalent experience in the field)
– HTML/HTML5/CSS/CSS3 experience, preferably with working knowledge of SASS (the SCSS flavour)
– Significant Node.js and Go experience
– Experience developing with React
– GraphQL (3-4 years)
– MongoDB (3-4 years)
– SQL (3-4 years)
– Knowledge of and experience with object oriented principles (OOP)
– Knowledge of best practices and principles of web application design/implementation
– Experience with MySQL and other DBMSes
– Must be able to work within a team and independently
– Must have the ability to deal with new, difficult, and challenging work
– Must be able to see beyond the scope of current responsibilities and identify new opportunities that benefit the client and the company
– Must be able to juggle multiple projects and manage your time effectively
– Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
– Experience developing with CMS systems (e.g. WordPress, etc.) and web frameworks (e.g. Code Igniter, Zend, etc.)
– Other web development frameworks/languages, e.g. PHP, Python, Flask, Java, ASP.NET, etc.
– Experience with RESTful backend frameworks
– Experience with web application frameworks that use MVC, push-pull, 3-tier, or CMS
– Experience with WordPress, EZ Publish, Drupal, or Sharepoint CMS is nice to have
– Social media APIs (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
– XML/XSL/XSLT, RSS
– Mobile implementation of web developments (e.g. Android, Blackberry, iPhone)
– Other relational databases
– Other web-based languages and technologies
You are preferably located in Toronto, and will work remotely and/or from our offices in the downtown core or at client locations.