Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD IT Architecture covers TD’s overall technology strategy, direction, standards for designing and/or developing an architecture framework including technology architecture strategy, policies, guiding principles and standards to govern how technology solutions will be developed and implemented across the organization. Architects typically develop and maintain any combination of the following: solution and application architecture, infrastructure environment architecture, technical integration architecture, data strategies and models, security and enterprise architecture.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
About This Role
The Fraud Solution Architect provides solution architecture and technology guidance to project delivery teams.
Working closely with the Senior Fraud Architect, the incumbent will be involved in architecting solutions that will support the Fraud business’ initiatives and provide architectural expertise & counsel to ensure technology teams and business areas understand the architectural options and technology choices.
The Fraud Solution Architect will be accountable for the recommendation of solutions that account for total cost of ownership and risk, leveraging and/or advancing strategic Enterprise Architecture guiding principles, enterprise solutions and/or assets, and enterprise technology standards.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Subject matter expert with specialized knowledge related to architecture of the Fraud line of business,
- Architectural specialist that works autonomously on diverse programs including multiple related projects and workstreams,
- Foresees architectural issues & gaps and identifies their mitigations,
- Identifies emerging industry trends (i.e. future-focused),
- Influences product direction and integrates technology from an architectural perspective within the business environment,
- Fulfills an IT governance role,
- Supports program architecture direction on complex, highly-visible architecture projects,
- Collaborates with Enterprise Architect, and other Architects, to provide details of technology solutions to the business partner, including Business and Technology Target State (BATTS) collaboration, that aids the development of future LOB initiatives,
- Works with external vendors and service providers as needed to ensure compliance with TD Architectural, Security, Cloud, and Data standards,
- Works closely with IT Managers and Business & Technology Solution teams to complete projects,
- Provides recommendations on value-added architectural improvements / enhancements,
- Develops end-to-end (cross platform/LOB) solution architecture for projects to address concerns/issues impacting technology areas within the Enterprise
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- 3+ years as a Solution Architect or 5+ years as a Solution Designer.
- Considerable experience in the Financial Crimes domain; specifically in Fraud.
- Experience in data analytics, fraud rules & model development, data mining, data exploration, statistics, identity linking, and Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence.
- Ability to serve as an expert who can impart knowledge of architecture related to specific domains or broad range of architecture frameworks, technologies, tools, processes, procedures & broader technologies and relevant issues.
- Mature knowledge of TD applications, programming languages, industry best practices, the business and associated standards, infrastructure and architectural design, solutions & governance.
- Proven ability to work autonomously as an architectural specialist on possibly high profile, complex and high risk technology projects with significant organizational impact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to document and present complex technology,
- Excellent visual communication skills: willingness and ability to sketch/whiteboard solutions in a collaborative setting, in person and/or remotely.
- Experience architecting cloud based solutions, preferably with Microsoft Azure.
- Strong working understanding and experience in Microservice and Event Driven Architecture 3yrs*
- Good working understanding of relational database systems: Oracle and MS SQL 3yrs*
- Good understanding of BI Tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, and SSRS 3yrs*
- Good working experience in Security Architecture (Cloud security (specifically with Microsoft Azure), PCI, Data Encryption, Data Obfuscation, TLS, IPSEC, MPLS, RBAC, Active Directory, LDAP, SSO, SAML, OAUTH2, IAM, Intrusion Detection, Vulnerability Management, Data Security, etc) 3yrs*
- Ability to translate Business and Technology Strategy into a meaningful Architecture
- Infrastructure, network, telecommunications, Disaster Recovery, Load Balancing, High Availability, Network Resiliency 3yrs*
- Solid understanding of Architecture frameworks, methodologies, boundaries, and tools 3yrs*
- Deep awareness, knowledge and experience of controls & governance issues affecting LOB and IT.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory rules and / or restrictions as they relate to TDBG,
- Strong research capabilities to find best of breed software, technology and solutions,
- In-depth knowledge in developing mission critical systems that support the 24×7 nature of our business environment,
- Regulatory 3yrs*
- Banking 5yrs*
- Skilled at working with Vendors and experience assessing products and risk scoring 3yrs*
- Governance 3yrs*
- Case Management, Workflow Management 3yrs*
- Operating Systems (Linux, Windows, Mainframe) 3yrs*
- Cloud (private and public)
- Virtualization (VMWare)
- Technical Experience implementing software packages used to support Fraud detection
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.