Company: 9984755 Canada Inc. O/A Dairy Queen Grill & Chill
Business information: We are a fast-food chain offering an expanded menu that includes breakfast, grilled burgers and grilled sandwiches, self-service soft drinks and table service.
Business Address: 67 Memorial Ave, Orillia, ON, L3V 5W9
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Supervise and co-ordinate activities of staff who prepare, portion and serve food (cooks, food and beverage servers, food service counter attendants, food preparers and kitchen and food service helpers)
· Estimate and order ingredients and supplies required for meal preparation
· Ensure food service and quality control
· Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage
· Prepare and submit reports
· Supervise and check assembly of trays
· Establish work schedules
· Train staff in job duties, sanitation and safety procedures
· Prepare food order summaries for chef
· Must have knowledge of the establishment’s culinary genres
· Supervise and check delivery of food trolleys
· Establish methods to meet work schedules
· Address customers’ complaints or concerns
· Supervise that the workers comply with the safety measures and make sure that all the areas in the restaurant are sanitized
-Education: Completion of High School.
-Experience: A minimum of 2 years of experience in food preparation or service is required. If the candidate does not have 2 years of experience, a post-secondary certificate related to hospitality or food and beverage service is required.
– Ability to supervise 11-15 people per shift
-Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Standing for extended periods, Attention to detail.
-Personal suitability: Flexibility, Excellent oral and written communication, Client focus, Team player, Effective interpersonal skills, Reliability, Organized, Dependability.
Salary: $17.00 per hour, 40 Hours per week.
This position requires flexibility in schedule. The worker must work 8-hour shifts, between 11:00 AM and 10:00 PM (including one lunch break of 30 minutes and one healthy break of 15 minutes, which are paid). 2 days off per week are provided on a rotational basis. Weekend hours and overtime work is required during the summer since the workload is higher.