The Food and Beverage Director is responsible in this role for directing the food production, food services, beverage operation, and hotel stores (where applicable) departments to delight and serve our passengers consistent with the Company’s Core Values and brand strategy.
Being responsible for the Food and Beverage department, this role plays an instrumental part in the success of our operation and the satisfaction of our guests. Potential candidates must have at least five years of managerial food and beverage experience in a four or five star hotel, resort or cruise line.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Overseeing the operation of all food and beverage outlets and the galley area
* Directing, coaching, supporting, supervising and evaluating the performance of team, which includes management of executive chef, restaurant manager, and bar and food managers, to ensure efficient food and beverage operation
* Being accountable for closely monitoring overall food and beverage budget regarding food cost, bar revenue and labor overtime, as well as expense reduction through cost control and management of overall financial matters
* Ensuring company specifications and United States Public Health regulations are always followed
* Being responsible for entire cycle of Food and Beverage operations including: ordering, loading, storing, preparing and final delivery, as well as overseeing inventory, storage and maintenance of all related equipment and supplies
* Attending meetings and working closely with management including: Safety Captain and Safety Officer to ensure proper safety procedures are being followed, shore side management for personnel changes and requests, technical department for any malfunctions or needed repairs, department heads and assistants as needed daily, and others managers and staff to ensure efficient functioning
Minimum hiring criteria:
* Five to seven years of progressive food and beverage managerial experience preferably in a 4 or 5 star restaurant or three to five yeas experience in various supervisory and management capacities with the food and beverage division with consistently high performance ratings
* Ability to manage the financial aspects of a food and beverage operation