Jaguar Land Rover Metro West (part of http://www.marinosautogroup.com) located at 5448 Dundas Street West, Toronto has a full time and permanent position for a Fixed Operations Manager. Reporting to the General Manager, the Fixed Operations Manager is a systems thinker, with expertise in developing and executing on a full service plan within the Parts and Service Centre.
Driven by excellence and quality results the Fixed Operations Manager is accountable for the efficient operations of both departments and achievement of financial, quality and customer satisfaction goals.
The Fixed Operations Manager is a leader, providing support and consultation to the Service and Parts Managers. Driven by aligned goals the management team works together to establish strong practices and to hold employees accountable to achieving them. Governed by the values of Marino’s Auto Group the Manager is always professional and leads the way by personal example.
In this role, the Manager dedicates time to oversee the day-to-day operations of both the Service Centre and the Parts department. The Manager works closely with the Service and Parts Managers providing direction and consultation in the areas of creating employee success including recruitment, on-boarding and training. It is the Fixed Operations Manager’s responsibility to ensure all employees are achieving the high standards of Marino’s Auto Group.
Creating a strong culture that fosters open communication, continuous improvement and quality results is the responsibility of the Fixed Operations Manager. The Manager aims to exceed national benchmarks relating to Service and Parts standards as measured by CSI, Honda Reports, Mystery Shops, and In-Dealership audits.
Finally, as a key member of the management team at Marino’s Auto Group this position is a champion for upholding the values set forth.
Planning, KPIs & Reporting
- Prepare an annual operating budget including KPI’s, goals and objectives for each department. The plan includes sales projections, staffing requirements, customer satisfaction goals and requisite training plans.
- Meet weekly with the Service and Parts Managers to review KPIs.
- Report on employee performance and productivity against criteria identified within Marino’s Playbook and the HDE Standards.
- Identify improvement activities and highlight issues relating to process, policy, employees and or customer satisfaction. Present recommendations for improvement.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Vendors in both Parts and Service ensuring vendors have clear understanding of their expectations and deliverables.
- Ensure all Health & Safety policies are up-to-date and that all employees are trained.
- Establish expectations for Facility Cleanliness and Employee Attire. Ensure the expectations are upheld.
- Regularly audit and review paperwork within both departments to ensure quality and completion.
- Provide regular consultation in the Service Write-up process and in diagnosing vehicle problems.
- Oversee the procurement of all types of company-owned-and-operated automotive equipment, materials, supplies, and also parts required to maintain automotive equipment, garages, and storage facilities.
- Oversee the tools inventory ensuring orders are placed when necessary.
- Oversee the administration of warranty claims with the objective to complete the claim in a swift and efficient manner.
Performance and Quality Results
Hiring and On-boarding:
- Create and monitor staffing plans for Parts and Service.
- Regularly review hiring statistics and employee retention with the goal of understanding how to improve.
- Work closely with the HR Manager and the Parts and Service Managers to recruit qualified candidates.
- Review new hire Orientation plans and continually update them according to the changing needs of the departments.
- Take an active role in On-boarding new employees.
Time & Attendance:
- On a regular basis review time and attendance process and statistics to ensure efficiency.
- Manage the execution of the Time and Attendance policy. Ensure managers are inputting schedules in an efficient and effective manner.
- Hold Managers accountable to swiftly manage employee requests.
- Ensure the Service Centre and Parts Department are adequately staffed throughout the year.
- Establish communication channels that will ensure all employees are given information in a timely manner.
- Attend weekly meetings with both the Service and Parts teams to ensure effective communication.
Performance and Training:
- On an annual basis develop a comprehensive training plan for both departments.
- Oversee the execution of the training plans.
- Work with the Managers to support them in the area of performance management and the annual performance appraisals.
- Provide regular feedback and recognition to employees.
CSI and Continuous Improvement:
- Oversee achievement of CSI.
- Ensure the departments are prepared for in-dealership audits, and mystery shops.
- Oversee Reputation management within the two departments, taking a proactive approaching to creating positive moments of truth.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and partner with colleagues within Marino’s to improve.
- Model the way for Managers and all employees through personal example and a dedication to action, results and customer service excellence.
- Actively participate in all management activities in a positive and productive manner.
- Promptly prepare reports as required and in the time required. Reports will focus on items including, time to schedule an appointment, service volume, employee productivity and compliance.
- Be prepared for management team meetings with all requests or actionable items completed.
- Work with external vendors in a positive and productive manner to ensure achievement of project goals.
- Ensure that all employees within Parts and Service are receiving regular opportunities for input.
- Several years of experience managing Land Rover Parts and Service
- Strong knowledge of Land Rover Parts and Service
- Track record includes working in a busy dealership environment with a focus on Parts and Service.
- Proven leadership and management experience in a high-volume dealership.
- Big picture thinking with the ability to develop yearly plans and execute on the.
- Proven CSI results around customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to manage difficult situations and create a positive outcome for the dealer.
- Hands-on leader with the desire to collaborate, engage and roll up their sleeves to get the job done, when necessary.
- Ability to learn technology and software solutions which will assist the Service Centre in becoming more efficient.
- Ability to provide on-the-job training and support to employees.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven bias for action, excellent critical thinking, problem solving and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Wages and benefits
- $ 73,000 per annum
- 2 weeks annual vacation
- Supplementary medical insurance
Please apply at: https://marino.hr4.ca/careers/view/128
Marino's Automotive Group is a family owned and operated company consisting of Lakeshore Honda, Westend Hyundai, Jaguar Land Rover Metro West, Marino's Fine Cars Subaru and Volvo Metro West. Our commitment to excellence in Customer Service is based on our long-standing belief that each of our customers represents the overall success of our business. Our clients appreciate our support in making their Honda, Hyundai, Jaguar, Land Rover Subaru and Volvo ownership a pleasant experience and know they can rely on us for all their automotive needs.