Are you passionate about financial systems in a large scale distributed set up that grow exponentially in terms of volume and use cases? Do you want to come up with innovative solutions that makes systems integrations seamless and friction free?
Financial Ledger & Accounting Systems (FLASH), a division within Amazon’s eCommerce Foundation Organization (eCF) is leading big innovations in business systems integration and financial data processing. Our systems are advancing one of the world’s most scalable, reliable, and secure e-commerce platforms that processes tens of billions of dollars in transactions, in multiple currencies and countries. We are the center of Amazon’s key initiatives and fueling the growth of Amazon’s businesses worldwide by constantly raising the bar on the speed at which business teams can integrate with our services. As a member of the FLASH team, you will be surrounded by people that are smart, passionate about cutting edge technology, and believe that world-class support is critical to customer success.
FLASH team is looking for an experienced Financial Systems Analyst to advise the technology teams in Amazon to seamlessly integrate with home grown financial systems for accurate and timely Financial Reporting. An ideal candidate is a self-starter, works backwards from customer needs and curious to understand the complex integration between different systems in the Amazon eCommerce world.
The primary responsibilities of a Financial Systems Analyst include:
• Advise the customers on the financial integration architecture. Acquire deep understanding of one or more lines of businesses and system integration.
• Partner with customers in creating new business event models or enhancing existing models based on the new business needs.
• Help customers author and release using a home grown business configuration management solution called Flare.
• Troubleshoot integration issues by partnering with internal technical teams in FLASH
• Work very closely with the technical teams across Amazon’s lines of businesses to come up with innovative solutions that will accelerate the adoption of FLASH technology for Financial Reporting.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
• 3+ years of experience of working in Financial Services implementing solutions.
• 5+ years of experience in a technical consulting or techno-functional consulting role in a customer centric, fast moving environment.
• Act as liaison between customers and engineering teams.
• Ability to understand complex business flows and break them into use cases.
• Analytical thinking and expert understanding of Data modeling.
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• A bachelor degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering or equivalent field
• Technical degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
• Prior experience in Accounting or working with Accounting teams.
• 3+ years of experience in ERP / Financial Services Domain.
• Prior program management experience is a plus