Fiberglass Shop Lead Hand
Industrial Plastics Fabricators Ltd
Who we are:
IPF Limited is a leading manufacturer of custom fabricated plastic & fiberglass contact molded products, specializing in chemical applications & pollution control equipment
We also design and engineer ventilation systems, plastic equipment, fiberglass equipment, process systems and dual lamination equipment.
Our innovative design, detailed fabrication & sound installation capabilities give our clientele unparalleled service & satisfaction in the plastics and fiberglass manufacturing industry.
The Fiberglass Shop Lead Hand is someone who has a Passion for Making and Creating. Someone who enjoys Empowering their Team and who’s not afraid to get hands-on in the manufacturing process. They are responsible for taking blueprints and turning them into reality and ensuring the products that we make exceed all expectations.
The Managerial portion of the role includes, but not limited to the following:
1) Attend Daily business meetings to provide status on projects, issues, and establish priorities
2) Responsible for maintaining a work environment that focuses on Quality, Efficiency, Excellence, and Teamwork to get the job done on-time for customers.
3) Establish and maintain a clean, lean and efficient floorplan at all times
4) Responsible for the performance of all fiberglass shop team members
5) Responsible to implement best practices and manage all training requirements
6) Responsible to ensure shop compliance with RTP-1, CGSB 41-GP-22 and other applicable standards as required.
7) Responsible to manage the shop tooling requirements and ensure all Health and Safety Procedures are being followed.
The Hands-On portion of the role includes the following but not limited to:
1) Reading blueprints and determining the most efficient method to manufacture the parts/assembly.
2) Ensuring appropriate level of stock materials and consumables are maintained.
3) Mould and plug manufacture
4) Fiberglass lamination
5) Grinding, trimming and finishing
6) Ensuring all parts and systems for delivery to the customer
7) Quality Control: Ongoing Inspection during the manufacturing process to ensure they meet blueprint and customer requirements and are all within the specified tolerances.
· Prior Experience in a Fiberglass Product Manufacturing Environment
· Positive Attitude
· Willingness to learn
· Willingness to work in a fast paced environment
· Excellent Problem Solving Skills
· Willingness to work overtime as required
· Good understanding of English
· Ability to work at heights and if required in confined spaces
· Must have a Valid Drivers License and NO Criminal Convictions
We offer the following Benefits: