As an employer of choice, Sifton Properties Limited is a family owned and operated company that has been in business for over 95 years. We have a family-based culture where we trust, understand, support and care about each other. As team members, we are committed to making someone’s day better, through our collaboration, innovation and communications.
This role leads assigned land development planning projects on time, within budget, and to the high Sifton quality standards. Support the Vice President Neighbourhood Developments and the Manager, Planning & Development in the design, development and application of land development projects. Use knowledge of planning, legislation, data analysis and related skills to coordinate submission and approval of subdivision, site plan, zoning, OP and all other applications that support the construction of land development sites
Date Posted: January 29, 2021
Please apply online –
• Manage assigned planning projects, responsible for cost, schedule and cost performance. Manage site plan applications, rezoning, subdivision, official plan bylaw amendments, and variance applications under the planning act.
• Work with inside services or outside providers to ensure the projects are completed on schedule. This could include leading tenders for planning or other consultants.
• Assist with research, review, preparation and submission of applications for official plan amendments, zoning, site plan approvals and other planning applications/reports.
• Work with CAD resources to create and revise plans as required, including site plans, subdivision or concept plans.
• Assist in the preparation of complete, accurate and concise written reports and direct and/or compose presentations to Committees of Council, City Council and Advisory Boards, including Committee of Adjustment, as directed. Evening meetings may be required.
• Understand policies and permit processes of municipalities and federal, provincial and other legislative processes to navigate projects through processes in a timely manner; influencing stakeholders and holding them accountable for meeting schedule and quality requirements and obligations.
• Review plans as required to ensure they are in compliance with zoning bylaws, Conditions, Restrictions and Covenants, and the Subdivision Agreement and Deed Restrictions, including applicable easements and report discrepancies.
Experience & Qualifications:
• University degree in Urban Planning and/or Urban Development from an accredited University or a Diploma in Planning with demonstrated experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in planning of related projects.
• Comprehensive understanding of planning legislation as it relates to development approval process Knowledge of planning principles, report writing, standards and procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to design site plans, plan of subdivisions and / or engineering drawing plans using AutoCAD software. Prepare graphic deliverables to convey planning concepts.
• Ability to use analytical data, building trends and market analysis in preparing plans and presentations.
• Good interpersonal skills, project management skills and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Must be self-directed, detailed oriented and flexible with strong organization skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced team environment.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite with knowledge of project planning software considered an asset.
• Some knowledge of site construction process and engineering requirements is preferred.
• This position is approximately 80% office and 20% on site or at external meetings. Reliable transportation and a valid Ontario driver’s license in good standing is required to work at multiple project locations throughout southwestern Ontario with the majority within London and surrounding area.
* Membership in the Canadian Association of Certified Planning Technicians (CACPT) and / or Ontario Professional Planners Institute (OPPI) is an asset.
What we can offer you:
Collaboration: You are set up for success with training/mentoring in your new team
Engagement: You will work in partnership with our Supervisors/Managers to build strong tenant/resident/customer experience skills.
Programs: Unique rewards and recognition program throughout the company.
Connections : Experience our company events and team engagement programs.
Celebrations: Milestones are important to us as part of our team with special events.
Unique for you: Employee Assistance Program to support your confidentially in all that matters to you.
Other perks include: discounted uniforms/other work wear items/discounted clothing for special events and discounted product offerings throughout our network.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Sifton Properties would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.