Reporting to the Director of Construction or Construction Project Manager, the Facilities Maintenance Business Partner will be responsible for maintaining the brand standards of our clubs with regards to maintenance and facilities, in a designated region. This position will maintain equipment repair and source work to external vendors as needed. This position will utilize a work order management system for sourcing and prioritizing work orders on equipment and facilities repairs. The individual in this role will comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Taymax directives related to building operations and work safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Field Team management to educate the club staff on proper preventative maintenance of equipment and the work order management system.
- Achieve a complete understanding of the work order management system both to elevate productivity and job performance and to provide constant training to the Field Team on the system.
- Establish a working relationship and openly communicate with property managers and landlords of the clubs to resolve tenant/landlord responsibility issues.
- Maintain the Taymax brand standard within all clubs in the region to provide the best member experience possible.
- Possess a thorough understanding of all facilities and equipment guidelines, specifications and repair methods.
- Attend training to be certified on strength and cardio equipment, hydro massage beds and tanning beds and booths.
- Assist in the vendor review, onboarding, and replacement processes.
- Review the preventative maintenance service agreements and work orders assigned to external vendors for confirmation, accuracy, and completion.
- Review and approve proposals from external vendors for work orders that exceed the amount given up front on work orders.
- Other duties as assigned based on the business needs.
- High School Diploma
- 2-3 years Facilities maintenance experience a plus
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record is required
- HVAC, Electric, and or/Plumbing knowledge a plus
- Ability to follow troubleshooting workflow in equipment manuals required
- Knowledge of online and app-based work order systems is a plus
- Must have a friendly, approachable style and be able to work with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Must have strong organization, communication, and prioritization skills with the ability to multi-task
- Self-motivated with solid decision-making skills required
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record and the ability to travel between facilities as needed.
Physical Demands: Continual standing and walking during the shift. Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
Work Environment: This job is subject to hazards such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals, and hazards related to scaffolding and ladders. This job also operates in a professional office environment and uses standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, fax machines.
Travel: This position would be provided a company car and will travel locally 50-70% of the time during the day.
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state and federal law.